Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

chara   
5 hours ago, exiledblue said:

I think Kepa has used his off time well to study what other top keepers do and maybe TT and certainly Cech have been instrumental to that as TTs arrival certainly coincided with his form and play improving. I was a big critic of Kepa as he used to stay in the security of his 6 yard box but now you can see him being more adventurous coming out to sweep and to claim the ball. However, I still worry he is going to get caught when playing with his feet, he leaves it very late to clear.

Agree with the Kepa observations...I think AC can be included in the player motivation view point....looks a different player from the one we knew could play but never seemed to believe in himself...bit like Kepa as his confidence just drained away...TT seems to have a touch...

Yesterday Kepa came out for a high cross to his right towards the front of the box...wouldn't have done that successfully a while back....good to see.....

2 hours ago, chara said:

Agree with the Kepa observations...I think AC can be included in the player motivation view point....looks a different player from the one we knew could play but never seemed to believe in himself...bit like Kepa as his confidence just drained away...TT seems to have a touch...

Yesterday Kepa came out for a high cross to his right towards the front of the box...wouldn't have done that successfully a while back....good to see.....

... and when he did make a mistake (the cross he spilled but regathered at Son's feet) he didn't go to pieces as he might have done a few years back.

I'm much less concerned about Mendy missing games because of ACoN. I'm sure that - in spite of being behind Mendy - being brought on for the penalty shoot-out (and making the winning save) in the Super Cup did his confidence a power of good.

• Like 1

TT is so refreshing, says it as it is.

With Pep and Klopp, its always someone elses fault.

JaneB