Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Tammy's right foot said:

I know a lot will disagree, but go back to what many thought 12 months ago and compare to where we are now. I have always maintained that our players are nowhere as good as some seem to think. Droy has been banging on that this team should do 90 points on routine. Nonsense. Any manager who gets 90 points out of this group is a bloody genius. We had a new manager bounce that was a lot longer than normal because the flow was so good. But once that started to wear off we are back to old sins. 

Personally I think this is the start of the end for Tuchel. Once a manager gets into this position at Chelsea there is only one outcome. We have seen this time and time again. This is no different. Tuchel will be gone within 12 months 100% (most likely a lot sooner than that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I know a lot will disagree, but go back to what many thought 12 months ago and compare to where we are now. I have always maintained that our players are nowhere as good as some seem to think. Droy has been banging on that this team should do 90 points on routine. Nonsense. Any manager who gets 90 points out of this group is a bloody genius. We had a new manager bounce that was a lot longer than normal because the flow was so good. But once that started to wear off we are back to old sins. 

Personally I think this is the start of the end for Tuchel. Once a manager gets into this position at Chelsea there is only one outcome. We have seen this time and time again. This is no different. Tuchel will be gone within 12 months 100% (most likely a lot sooner than that).

Again, no allowance whatsoever for the unprecedented run of bad luck and disgraceful behaviour of the PL since the end of November? 

It's just players deciding to play badly and a failing coach? Nothing else?

I can understand opposition fans being this myopic but surely we can all see it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I know a lot will disagree, but go back to what many thought 12 months ago and compare to where we are now. 

You think TT has regressed to the level of Lampard?  Is that your point.  

5 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I have always maintained that our players are nowhere as good as some seem to think.

The Lampard apology, we know.

 

3 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Droy has been banging on that this team should do 90 points on routine. Nonsense.

85 - feel free to read my posts as well as faux quote me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

You think TT has regressed to the level of Lampard?  Is that your point.  

The Lampard apology, we know.

 

85 - feel free to read my posts as well as faux quote me.

90 points has been your yardstick. Let's see you defend that view now eh? This is not, and has never been, a 90 points team. It wasn't when we sacked Lampard and it still isn't after Tuchel invested another EUR 120m in the squad. I do not need to go back and read posts. Plenty of posters (not only you) claimed this team should get 90 points easily. That is a very ridiculous claim and instead of hiding now own it man. 

It's not a Lampard apology, it's called realism. The performance of the team is on a very clear downward slope. First point on the agenda is to stop it. That is very hard to do. If TT doesn't manage to do it soon we may very well struggle to reach 70 points this season. 

Would be interesting to hear your apology then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ROTG   
1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Personally I think this is the start of the end for Tuchel.

Doubt it. 

There is not a lot of quality coaches around

It probably a case of TT going to the board in the summer with a list of ins and outs and gauging the boards reaction and how much the players can influence the board.

If RA pays a visit to cobham then I would worry for TT

 

Edited by Freeboot-Rightz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The basics were terrible against BHA. I know we seem to love side-way passes but way too many back passes. Players, even Kante, were losing the ball. How did CHO survive the 90 mins.

If TT is so sure its tiredness and he can't resolve that then rest Ziyech and Lukaku and play rested Kai and Werner. It was BHA maybe Hall could have had some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

90 points has been your yardstick.

Then go find a quote - 80+ has always been my yardstick for a club challenging for the prem for several years now.
I might have predicted 85+ for this team this season, can't recall.  
 

 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It's not a Lampard apology, it's called realism.

The whole players are crap thing has been Lampard apologies for 18 months now.
In the meantime some of his "worst players" have become superstars and won CL and WC.
It is quite pathetic from grown men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RDCW   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Then go find a quote - 80+ has always been my yardstick for a club challenging for the prem for several years now.
I might have predicted 85+ for this team this season, can't recall.  
 

 

The whole players are crap thing has been Lampard apologies for 18 months now.
In the meantime some of his "worst players" have become superstars and won CL and WC.
It is quite pathetic from grown men.

No. The solo flying bedroom warrior strikes again. Once more you allow your Lampard obsession to make yourself ridiculous. No-one else is even thinking about Lampard, let alone mentioning him. I actually laugh out loud every time you spout this stuff. I probably shouldn't, because it is, as you say, "truly pathetic" from a grown man.

If you genuinely can't see that some of the players have been truly crap (including some of your favourites), then there really is no basis for discussion, because you obviously have some kind of disorder, which makes me worry for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

No. The solo flying bedroom warrior strikes again. Once more you allow your Lampard obsession to make yourself ridiculous. No-one else is even thinking about Lampard, let alone mentioning him. I actually laugh out loud every time you spout this stuff. I probably shouldn't, because it is, as you say, "truly pathetic" from a grown man.

If you genuinely can't see that some of the players have been truly crap (including some of your favourites), then there really is no basis for discussion, because you obviously have some kind of disorder, which makes me worry for you.

Subtle change of direction from the players being crap (Sleeping Dave) to RDC wanting to claim I denied they played crap (which I clearly haven't).
Another who can't understand why players under the beloved Lampard turned out to be excellent when coached - BUT is so invested in Lampard he refuses to even recognise it.

(Was that another wank reference?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now