Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Subtle change of direction from the players being crap (Sleeping Dave) to RDC wanting to claim I denied they played crap (which I clearly haven't).
Another who can't understand why players under the beloved Lampard turned out to be excellent when coached - BUT is so invested in Lampard he refuses to even recognise it.

(Was that another wank reference?) 

Oh my goodness, you see Lampard and wank references everywhere ! You really are a small-minded fellow. Why do you have the pathological need to refer to people on here as stupid, lacking in understanding or perception, and being irrationally attached to whatever straw man you erect ? Were you bullied at school, or are you just a poisonous individual with a need to put down your fellow man?

Whatever it is, you poison this forum and it would be a much better, more constructive place if you just went away.

GURJ SS   

Personally I think Tuchel is a very good coach, when we have a fully fit team he's able to set us up tactically in every game to either dominate against small teams or always have at least a realistic chance of winning.

Our problems come when we have players missing, not just from the starting lineup but also from the bench, the manager's whole tactical setup to deal with an opposition becomes much more difficult; it comes down to not having enough quality in the squad.

Unfortunately our signings haven't moved us forwards in terms of consistent quality, I'll accept they're more inexperienced than the players they replaced but then we'd have to point to the club for their mismanagement of the situation. We've all seen the experience of Silva be vital for us, the understanding of the game from Azpi, the organising from Jorginho, the stick or go decisions from Alonso to help retain possession. I believe what we lost in players like Willian and Giroud is something that has left us stuck, stuck between having too many growing players and not enough complete players; and most importantly not enough experience to help support the younger players while they grow.

Edited by GURJ SS

I can't remember a single Chelsea coach in the last 20 years almost (other than AVB) who made as many excuses as Tuchel. "Physically and mentally tired" eh? No "joy"? He's got the most balanced Chelsea squad I can remember since maybe 2014 under Mourinho and its just a huge pile of excuses one after another.

Its never his fault. It is never his tactics. He complains about everything and everyone. Talks about Man City having a week off before playing Chelsea. Talks about Brighton having a week off as well. Well, maybe he doesn't belong in top level management? Because the Premier League is the highest level. Managing a squad and fatigue is what he's being paid to do!

The fact is, we have looked like rubbish for almost two months now. Numerous players look awful - Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Lukaku, Kante yesterday, Alonso, Azpili... you couldn't identify a single Chelsea player other than Rudiger and Silva having a good season! Shocking.  

He might as well throw in the towel IMO. Fatigue isn't going to magically disappear and this isn't the part of the season where you rest players. This isn't the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 where the UCL means everything. Joy isn't going to magically return either. 

His only solution would be to write off the entire Club World Cup. Give the players a week to rest. Man City players look fit and sharp and motivated and that's driven by their manager who looks like a man constantly driven to win. Chelsea... well... our coach looks like he just wants to go to bed and take a week off tbh.

Totally messed up the Lukaku situation as well as Lukaku's confidence looks shot to pieces. It looks like we reduced one of the best strikers in the world to Morata Mk II! Awful management all around. 

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

Ham   
16 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I can't remember a single Chelsea coach in the last 20 years almost (other than AVB) who made as many excuses as Tuchel. "Physically and mentally tired" eh? No "joy"? He's got the most balanced Chelsea squad I can remember since maybe 2014 under Mourinho and its just a huge pile of excuses one after another.

Its never his fault. It is never his tactics. He complains about everything and everyone. Talks about Man City having a week off before playing Chelsea. Talks about Brighton having a week off as well. Well, maybe he doesn't belong in top level management? Because the Premier League is the highest level. Managing a squad and fatigue is what he's being paid to do!

The fact is, we have looked like rubbish for almost two months now. Numerous players look awful - Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Lukaku, Kante yesterday, Alonso, Azpili... you couldn't identify a single Chelsea player other than Rudiger and Silva having a good season! Shocking.  

He might as well throw in the towel IMO. Fatigue isn't going to magically disappear and this isn't the part of the season where you rest players. This isn't the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 where the UCL means everything. Joy isn't going to magically return either. 

His only solution would be to write off the entire Club World Cup. Give the players a week to rest. Man City players look fit and sharp and motivated and that's driven by their manager who looks like a man constantly driven to win. Chelsea... well... our coach looks like he just wants to go to bed and take a week off tbh.

Totally messed up the Lukaku situation as well as Lukaku's confidence looks shot to pieces. It looks like we reduced one of the best strikers in the world to Morata Mk II! Awful management all around. 

What an absolutely stupid post!

You're better than that.

I could understand if this was an anti Tuchel post from a Dipper or Spud but not from a Chelsea fan.  You know full well the issues we've had and totally discounted them.

Like I said, you're much better than this.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Lukaku messed up the Lukaku situation , deciding that appeasing Inters ultras was more important than impressing his new employers with his professionalism .

We have replaced a fleet footed pair of wing backs through which ninety percent of our attacking football is played with a painfully slow Alonso and a clearly knacked. Azpillicueta and had to chop and change personnel due to injury and illness plus having to move players around to cover for the lack of physicality of the incoming players .

Fatigue and injury are the factors not Tuchel 

If you seriously think otherwise then I despair .

Man City looked fit and sharp and only  had two shots on goal against us despite having eight days rest and fourteen days between Premier League games before they'd played a Chelsea side who'd played twice a week including two London derbys.

We played Liverpool after they had a week rest 

We played Brighton after they had a weeks rest 

We played City after they had a weeks rest 

We had no rest .

It's fatigue , mentally and physically .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lukaku messed up the Lukaku situation , deciding that appeasing Inters ultras was more important than impressing his new employers with his professionalism .

We have replaced a fleet footed pair of wing backs through which ninety percent of our attacking football is played with a painfully slow Alonso and a clearly knacked. Azpillicueta and had to chop and change personnel due to injury and illness plus having to move players around to cover for the lack of physicality of the incoming players .

Fatigue and injury are the factors not Tuchel 

If you seriously think otherwise then I despair .

Man City looked fit and sharp and only  had two shots on goal against us despite having eight days rest and fourteen days between Premier League games before they'd played a Chelsea side who'd played twice a week including two London derbys.

We played Liverpool after they had a week rest 

We played Brighton after they had a weeks rest 

We played City after they had a weeks rest 

We had no rest .

It's fatigue , mentally and physically .

Who was tired?

Lukaku's had a long period out with his ankle injury and covid, Ziyech's not played a lot, Havertz has been out of the team for a while, Mount was rested against City, Callum's not played a lot recently, Jorginho's gotten rest, Kante was out with his knee, Ruben is on the bench, Werner as well, Pulisic hasn't been racking up the appearances, Kepa should be fresh, Thiago and Rudiger look great and they've been playing frequently.. 

Why don't you name who is supposedly too tired to perform? 

Absolute rubbish. These guys simply don't look like a well-coached team. 

Have we been hit by Covid? Yes. Have other teams been hit by Covid? Yes. 

We have a manager who has failed to sidestep questions about our star striker repeatedly. The guy's confidence looks shot.

If you were a top striker, and regardless of what anyone here says Lukaku prior to coming to us had become a top striker, would you want to continue playing for a guy who doesn't know how to use you and isn't able to put together a team that can even hold on to top 4? A guy who takes shots at you in the press...? A guy who blames fatigue mid-season when everyone else seems to be getting results..? You guys are having a laugh.

10 hours ago, Ham said:

What an absolutely stupid post!

You're better than that.

I could understand if this was an anti Tuchel post from a Dipper or Spud but not from a Chelsea fan.  You know full well the issues we've had and totally discounted them.

Like I said, you're much better than this.  

Typical garbage response. Nothing of substance just emotional garbage. Congrats.

Wouldn't it have been better if you could actually defend this fatigue nonsense claim with something of substance instead of this emotional crap?

41 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Who was tired?

Lukaku's had a long period out with his ankle injury and covid, Ziyech's not played a lot, Havertz has been out of the team for a while, Mount was rested against City, Callum's not played a lot recently, Jorginho's gotten rest, Kante was out with his knee, Ruben is on the bench, Werner as well, Pulisic hasn't been racking up the appearances, Kepa should be fresh, Thiago and Rudiger look great and they've been playing frequently.. 

We have a manager who has failed to sidestep questions about our star striker repeatedly. The guy's confidence looks shot.

If you were a top striker, and regardless of what anyone here says Lukaku prior to coming to us had become a top striker, would you want to continue playing for a guy who doesn't know how to use you and isn't able to put together a team that can even hold on to top 4? A guy who takes shots at you in the press...? A guy who blames fatigue mid-season when everyone else seems to be getting results..? You guys are having a laugh.

It's obvious to me that you're not interested in the fact we played fifty percent more games than Brighton in December , that they'd had eight days rest before they played us and that City had eight days rest before we played them or that Liverpool had a weeks rest before we played them so what's the point? 

Jorginho ,playing with an injury looks tired , Azpillicueta replacing the injured James looks tired , Alonso replacing the injured Chillwell looks tired , Mount who plays every game he's not injured for looks tired . We're using tired when what we mean is weary , physically weary and mentally drained , and it's particularly noticeable where our modus operandi is via the work the wingbacks carry out , we have replaced two fleet footed machines with leaden footed tired players . Tuchel has tried to keep everyone as fresh as possible by rotating but in doing so we've had to use players that aren't meant to play those roles like CHO and Pulisic who end up not being able to be as fit and ready for their proper roles in the squad as they're then knacked having played as wing backs .

Lukaku is a bellend , he has brought the lack of confidence on himself he is a dreadfully mediocre player who thinks he's great because he did well in Italy where there's two or three decent sides and he was in the second best one and the rest would struggle in the championship . You can only be a fanboi to make out he's wonderful and being misused , look at the performance of want away Harry Kane last night , fundamental to anything Spurs did in the first half , their driving force , Lukaku is a fat observer .

Tuchel is a great manager , he's been rewarded for winning the Champions League from ninth place in the EPL by being gifted yet another striker that the board wanted after the striker they really wanted wouldn't or couldn't come , the board should be supporting the coach not hindering him , the only input the coach has is "we've managed to secure the services of a fat lump of lard who loves Italy but loves money more , yes or no "

If you're waiting for a new manager to come along and invigorate this clearly knackered squad and turn Lukaku from lard arse to goal machine you'll have a long and fruitless wait on your hands .

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Who was tired?

I agree with you. Tuchel showed signs of strange decision making towards the tail end of last season where we dropped some silly points. That seems to be standard now. 

I also do not buy this fatigue bs. Look at minutes played and compare to other top teams. Our top players are not playing more minutes compared to other top players at City or Liverpool.

Tuchel likes to rotate. He does it a lot. Sometimes his selection is a head scratcher. He often drops points in games we shouldn’t. Last season we won against top teams, this season we are not. At Chelsea you can quickly go from hero to zero. I think he’s learning that now.