Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

52 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Performances in what has become a very sub-standard Bundesliga and the same with Lukaku's performances in Serie A. Those leagues are now so bang average there's next to no point in taking any notice of players stats from those leagues anymore. 

That doesn't wash with me. If we are discounting those leagues, where are the good leagues? The Premier League can't be the only competition in the world worth a damn can it?

17 hours ago, Ham said:

It would be depressing if it weren't for the fact that we got to all domestic finals, won the CL, almost got to the CL final again and finished 3rd. 

I'd substitute "a bit annoying" for "depressing". Look at Man U. 

If you’re content with us being one of the biggest spenders in world football to be a cup team, nothing to see here. Just pretend it’s raining. 

7 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

From that list I only regret that we bought Pulisic, Kepa and Lukaku. Think the rest have or will prove to be ok signings. 

Sure. If 3rd or 4th is the aim I agree with you. But it’s not with the money we spend. 

16 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

That doesn't wash with me. If we are discounting those leagues, where are the good leagues? The Premier League can't be the only competition in the world worth a damn can it?

It’s called scouting and making sure the players you sign actually fits in somewhere, that the teams general style of play suits them (or the other way around), or that these players actually have skills that transfers well to the PL. 

Apparently we didn’t want Haaland because we are afraid he won’t suit the PL. but have no issue spunking 50m on Werner who only has speed. 

28 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It’s called scouting and making sure the players you sign actually fits in somewhere, that the teams general style of play suits them (or the other way around), or that these players actually have skills that transfers well to the PL. 

Apparently we didn’t want Haaland because we are afraid he won’t suit the PL. but have no issue spunking 50m on Werner who only has speed. 

We bid for him last summer

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12356350/erling-haaland-chelseas-informal-proposal-for-borussia-dortmund-striker-turned-down-by-bundesliga-side

42 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I think all the leagues on the continent are in a poor state. Bayern Munich are the only good team left in Germany and even they aren't all that good now. The best in Italy wouldn't be top four here and most would bd lower league dross in the EPL.  Barca are a pale shadow of what they were. RM still have a couple of elite players which have somehow got them through to another CL final, but they'd be found out bigtime if they were in the EPL.  I think the same about the at international level too. Lots of hard working, well organised teams, a few high class  players dotted around, but an awful lot of medicority.

19 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I think all the leagues on the continent are in a poor state. Bayern Munich are the only good team left in Germany and even they aren't all that good now. The best in Italy wouldn't be top four here and most would bd lower league dross in the EPL.  Barca are a pale shadow of what they were. RM still have a couple of elite players which have somehow got them through to another CL final, but they'd be found out bigtime if they were in the EPL.  I think the same about the at international level too. Lots of hard working, well organised teams, a few high class  players dotted around, but an awful lot of medicority.

Which makes it almost impossible to compete with City and Liverpool then, might as well just give up 

47 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Which makes it almost impossible to compete with City and Liverpool then, might as well just give up 

I honestly don't see us seriously challenging those two while Pep and Klopp are there, which will probably be for at least another 3-4 years.  In the meantime, we can rebuild and look to gradually improve over the next few years and hopefully be in a good position to challenge when they do eventually move on.                                                                                As for future signings. I'd like to see us move away from just looking at basic stats of strikers and ignoring their technical deficencies and instead, start making technical ability and good movement the top requirements for players we sign. If they lack those qualities then we should not even consider signing them. That would ensure we never again waste 200 + million on the likes of Lukaku, Werner, Bats and Bakayoko. 

Edited by boratsbrother

32 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I honestly don't see us seriously challenging those two while Pep and Klopp are there, which will probably be for at least another 3-4 years.  In the meantime, we can rebuild and look to gradually improve over the next few years and hopefully be in a good position to challenge when they do eventually move on.                                                                                As for future signings. I'd like to see us move away from just looking at basic stats of strikers and ignoring their technical deficencies and instead, start making technical ability and good movement the top requirements for players we sign. If they lack those qualities then we should not even consider signing them. That would ensure we never again waste 200 + million on the likes of Lukaku, Werner, Bats and Bakayoko. 

Well let's hope the manager is given 3 or 4 years but unfortunately I very much doubt our fan base will allow that.

Which is a shame, especially when you consider Klopp finished 4th in his first two seasons and Guardiola  3rd in his first before spending a small fortune on full backs and a goal keeper. Neither won the champions League or Super cup or World club cup or got to three finals in their first 18 months.

Both were given complete and utter control of transfers and an almost unlimited amount of money to spend.

It's amazing what a good manager can do with time and resources.

As for transfers, do not care one bit who we sign as long as the manager wants them. That should be  the only prerequisite to any transfer made this summer.

Edited by Martin1905

7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Well let's hope the manager is given 3 or 4 years but unfortunately I very much doubt our fan base will allow that.

Which is a shame, especially when you consider Klopp finished 4th in his first two seasons and Guardiola  3rd in his first before spending a small fortune on full backs and a goal keeper. Neither won the champions League or Super cup or World club cup or got to three finals in their first 18 months.

Both were given complete and utter control of transfers and an almost unlimited amount of money to spend.

As for transfers, do not care one bit who we sign as long as the manager wants them. That should be  the only prerequisite to any transfer made this summer.

More to agree with..

12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Agree 100%

I don't care if it's someone I'd barely heard of until a few weeks ago, like Josko Gvardiol, or someone like Raheem Sterling; if the players we sign are players Tuchel's actually wants, I'll be happy.