CarefreeMuratcan

European Super League

paulw66   
16 hours ago, asvaberg said:

No wonder they wanted more income.

What a rat's nest:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58235195

1.150.000.000 pounds in debt.............

Yes..........their reasoning / justifications for the ESL are nothing more than a smoke screen trying to save themselves from about 10 years of appalling transfer dealings.

Coutinho - 150m

Dembele - 120m

Griezman - 100m

All of whom, they'd give away for nothing if they could.

The same is true at RM where they keep re-mortgaging themselves to anyone that will support them. Juve also can't continue to live as they are, the motor industry is not what it used to be.

The 3 have tied up their national TV deals to promote themselves and bought and paid unrealistically for years. British teams are so much better run and I never understood why they would want to jump into bed with badly run, greedy clubs whose poisonous business models would also in the end destroy the super league as well.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/19/uefas-new-ffp-rules-will-allow-monitor-squad-spending-wages/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_iosshare_AxpDlQmgRCTm

New FFP rules incoming. I think they are much better than the previous iteration. No 3 year time lag and giving the clubs the time to cook their accounts.

Best thing I felt in this was that not only will wages and transfer fees be taken into account, but also "agent fees". 

Seems like a good step and in the right direction, specially if the luxury tax is HIGH like in nba. Would really hurt the owners and the club to pay 100m each year extra but also would help lower clubs by the money they get from the luxury tax distribution.

Edited by didierforever

paulw66   
5 hours ago, didierforever said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/19/uefas-new-ffp-rules-will-allow-monitor-squad-spending-wages/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_iosshare_AxpDlQmgRCTm

New FFP rules incoming. I think they are much better than the previous iteration. No 3 year time lag and giving the clubs the time to cook their accounts.

Best thing I felt in this was that not only will wages and transfer fees be taken into account, but also "agent fees". 

Seems like a good step and in the right direction, specially if the luxury tax is HIGH like in nba. Would really hurt the owners and the club to pay 100m each year extra but also would help lower clubs by the money they get from the luxury tax distribution.

It's a nice idea, but it makes the league(s) more of a closed shop.

Imagine if this was in place pre Roman and The Sheikh.........Man Utd would have won 20+ of the last 30 titles. 

bert19   
31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Imagine if this was in place pre Roman and The Sheikh.........Man Utd would have won 20+ of the last 30 titles. 

I think all of these UEFA plans are specifically designed to ensure that sort of thing happens.  Keep the big boys big and the others under the glass ceiling. 

53 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I feel the previous version of FFP was designed to be a closed shop. I mean if chelsea's revenue is 450m£, we can spend accordingly, give salaries accordingly etc. A Brentford could never match that as their revenue was lower.

In this version of FFP, the owner can match those salaries. He would have to pay the luxury tax, he would have to pay for the losses of the club to match those salaries and fees. I feel, this one suits owners like ours, city's or everton's. 

Ham   

Perfect timing for us. We've got a superb, mainly young squad with some expensive purchases. Our squad will only get better with age and we're already champions of Europe. 

Other top 6 squads require massive renovation at a time when the pandemic has hit hard. 

Bring it on I say. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 7:49 PM, RDC Williams said:

I think a European Super League is coming and is a good idea. It just can't be a closed shop.

It would probably have to be a midweek season long European Super League with a play off or knockout competition at the end. It would have to have fewer teams and perhaps have its own system of promotion / relegation within a European context although clearly there would have to be some access link to domestic leagues. 

That system would allow for a parallel European League pyramid, but preserve the integrity of the stronger domestic leagues.

Yes, I agree with you. It is said that the Super League will be bankrolled by US banking giant JP Morgan and is the brainchild of Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and the American owners of three leading English clubs.

Edited by Smith James

So UEFA have abandoned their legal action against Juventus, Real Madrid and Barca and haven't yet taken any of the penalty payments they agreed with the other 9 clubs. A "super league" of some kind is going to happen in the next few years.

Ham   
43 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

So UEFA have abandoned their legal action against Juventus, Real Madrid and Barca and haven't yet taken any of the penalty payments they agreed with the other 9 clubs. A "super league" of some kind is going to happen in the next few years.

I'm happy to listen to any proposals that don't involve UEFA.