CarefreeMuratcan

Stamford Bridge Upgrades

On 9/25/2021 at 0:22 PM, Leo91 said:

I dont drink at games anyway because there's just too many people vs staff. But I went to the Westview for Villa and it was the first time I was tempted to get something because there was a lot of service available 

How good are the views of the London skyline? Or is it exaggerated marketing?

Leo91   
On 10/4/2021 at 1:28 PM, CarefreeMuratcan said:

How good are the views of the London skyline? Or is it exaggerated marketing?

Couldn't see that well because it was already dark and the indoor lights just reflected back.

Excellent news. Our game vs Liverpool will be the first match in the trial.

Finally. Hopefully it will slowly but surely weed out the non-singers from MHL and Shed. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

3 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Excellent news. Our game vs Liverpool will be the first match in the trial.

Finally. Hopefully it will slowly but surely weed out the non-singers from MHL and Shed. 

I thought it was already in place, mind you I can't remember the last time we had to sit down in the shed lower. Noticed recently that there is a new breed of 'young' Chelsea fans.  It's currently trendy to follow us and there are multiple groups on twitter bragging about going to all the games and posting videos of singing inside the ground.  I believe this is why it's now almost impossible to get an away ticket.  There are a number of young females on Twitter that are using Chelsea as a platform to make a career - ie, it's easy for them to acquire 50k Chelsea fans as long as they can appear to talk the lingo. Some are even offering additional services to Chelsea-only fans via their business websites! 

Not saying this is bad - just that there is a new wave of Chelsea fans. Modern football and modern fans.  Social media profile is as important as being at the game.. The good thing is that they do want to sing :)  I guess going back in time the football and supporting Chelsea was still a package, it's as much as meeting up with your mates and having a good time as it is about the football. 

1 hour ago, Erland Johnson said:

I thought it was already in place, mind you I can't remember the last time we had to sit down in the shed lower. Noticed recently that there is a new breed of 'young' Chelsea fans.  It's currently trendy to follow us and there are multiple groups on twitter bragging about going to all the games and posting videos of singing inside the ground.  I believe this is why it's now almost impossible to get an away ticket.  There are a number of young females on Twitter that are using Chelsea as a platform to make a career - ie, it's easy for them to acquire 50k Chelsea fans as long as they can appear to talk the lingo. Some are even offering additional services to Chelsea-only fans via their business websites! 

Not saying this is bad - just that there is a new wave of Chelsea fans. Modern football and modern fans.  Social media profile is as important as being at the game.. The good thing is that they do want to sing :)  I guess going back in time the football and supporting Chelsea was still a package, it's as much as meeting up with your mates and having a good time as it is about the football. 

The standing railings are already all in place of course, I assume for the actual safe standing matches they will lock the seats in the upright position so they can't be used. 

Those young women are very smart to augment their own profiles via football, power to them. There was one Chelsea girl that was trending on Twitter feed a few weeks ago, she had posted a photo of herself outside St James Park, let's just say she was well ahead of any "get your **** out for the lads" chants haha.

There's that lad Lewis who posts videos about his experiences at games, and of course Sophie Rose of CFC Fan TV fame. Not quite AFTV numbers, but I think that's for the better. 

I'm in the same age bracket as this social media generation (and even I've made some pocket money from my videos from games), but I think I relate more to you elders when it comes to missing the wistful days of yore. That's why this safe standing talk has me so hyped, I will finally get to experience an aspect from the pre-PL "when football was football" days. Even if it is quite warped, sanitised and controlled from the terraces of the old days. 

I'm glad to hear they do want to sing. All 3 games I have been to this season (City, Southampton and Norwich) have all been MHL and I found the atmospheres disappointing. But that's a trend that has been going on throughout the 2010s, even for the big games. There is a singing core located centrally towards the back, but anywhere else in the MHL (I was towards the right of the goal for all 3 gamws) are only pockets of singers at best, and just outright non-singers at worst. I think there are more people who want to sing than it seems, it's just the singers aren't concentrated next to each other, they are all isolated islands between seas of non-singers. That's why I hope so much the overt implementation of standing areas will help concentrate singers next to each other. I wish the Club would just have a tick box when people buy tickets, "I want to be sat with people who like to sing" but perhaps that's too logistically complicated to implement. 

The last couple of domestic away games I've been to had poor atmospheres too. Leicester FA Cup 2018, Swansea PL 2018, Newcastle PL 2018 and Tottenham League Cup 2019. Perhaps the excitement generated by the CL win and title challenge this year, and the lack of crowds last season, has built up the excitement again, it certainly sounds good from TV. 

I remember some cracking away days in the 04-10 era, Fulham 4-1, Everton 3-2, Portsmouth 5-0, some cracking memories and very loud atmospheres. I really want to experience something like that again. But as you say, it's nigh on impossible to get a ticket! 

Sciatika   

I think the trial says they are not allowed to lock the things in the upright position.