JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

Bison   
14 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Not sure I can say anything about the game or the tactics that hasn't been said, but what a special day. I'm Chelsea because of my dad, but studying away from home and going to games consistently for the last 11 or so years have meant I've not watched a final with him since the Ray Parlour FA Cup final nigh-on 20 years ago. Watching with him, even just in my living room with a few tins ... Maybe not being there for this one wasn't too bad after all.

And lads, something I know it's not the done thing to share at this point and that I haven't told anyone in "real life" and won't be doing for a while but I feel just fits with the emotion of this thread ... My partner found out she's pregnant with our first child yesterday morning, after a few years of trying. When she showed me the test at 9am ... I just knew the result was going our way. And it's already agreed, their middle name is going to be Kai. 

What a day.

Congrats, wish you and your partner a healthy and happy pregnancy.

And lads, something I know it's not the done thing to share at this point and that I haven't told anyone in "real life" and won't be doing for a while but I feel just fits with the emotion of this thread ... My partner found out she's pregnant with our first child yesterday morning, after a few years of trying. When she showed me the test at 9am ... I just knew the result was going our way. And it's already agreed, their middle name is going to be Kai. 

What a day.

Love this mate.

Massive congratulations. 

Strange to think that Tuchel meant nothing to us 6 months ago, yet he will now forever be part of Chelsea folklore and a big part of our history.

02A3698E-D7EB-467A-83B5-8E768EA2F8B9.jpeg

Chrisb   
22 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Not sure I can say anything about the game or the tactics that hasn't been said, but what a special day. I'm Chelsea because of my dad, but studying away from home and going to games consistently for the last 11 or so years have meant I've not watched a final with him since the Ray Parlour FA Cup final nigh-on 20 years ago. Watching with him, even just in my living room with a few tins ... Maybe not being there for this one wasn't too bad after all.

What a day.

Congratulations! After last night I hope you’ll be naming the baby N’Golo!!

kratos   
33 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

What a day.

Congrats Fog.

The little one will have one hell of a club to support.

19 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Mainly because the CL is universal. Everyone covets the CL. It is at the top of the very top if not the highest at club football level. Every club fights for the trophy as opposed to domestic leagues and cups confined to domestic teams. The recognition from winning this puts your club on another level among world football elites and not just amongst your domestic leagues. Will be interesting to see how much our reputation will be raised now just by winning this and a primary measure to come could be hopefully the quality of players who now suddenly want to join us. Looking at Haaland and Kane. Our best chance to sign these players now than if we had not won the CL.

Absolutely. We had a few seasons where it felt like there was a tier of player we couldn't get due to that perception deficiency. Last night's win, not just the win but the manner of it, will crystalise us as being a place the very top players come to, ala Madrid, Barca, Munich. 

kratos   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Apparently it was his final game as a ref, in club football at least, I believe he’s off to the euros and then retires. Which is a massive shame if true, as he’s one of few really good referees I've seen for a long time.

We should clone multiple versions of him and put them in the premier league.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

What a day.

Congratulations mate, that is wonderful news! What a brilliant day for you yesterday! 

My eldest daughter finally made it through watching a whole match last night, first time she’s stuck with it and she picked a good one! She got scooped up and wrapped up in the screaming hugs with my Dad and Brother... I think she’s a full football convert now!

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Thanks, all!

Just a thought ... 2012 was the end for that team. 2021 ... That's just the start.

Crazy, it really is just the start and weve already won the biggest competition in club football.

I think, looking at the state of football around Europe, this squad could win at least one more and multiple league titles, which will be much harder than winning the Champions league again. Could see Eniglish clubs properly dominating it for a few years now.