JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

Holymoly   

Any word on whether the team is going to give SFL one of their 40 winners' medals? Knowing Frank he would probably repectfully decline but it would be a class move if it was offered.

JaneB   
1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Are they back home yet? ANy pics?

Yep, back at Cobham 💙

Look at Chelsea’s Official Twitter account 😀

chara   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

I said the same during the game. 

Yep...as I saw it the first thing he did was go in on Chilwell(?) with my most detested foul...follow through on to the foot...nasty, effective and rarely gets punished properly,

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Any word on whether the team is going to give SFL one of their 40 winners' medals? Knowing Frank he would probably repectfully decline but it would be a class move if it was offered.

He honestly should get one. 

Lead us in a 38 game marathon to finish 4th during a transfer ban and lead the 6 group stage games. That's a massive massive contribution. 

chara   

Sorry ..disagree with SFL getting a medal..not because I don't recognise his contribution but giving him a medal ,to me, would be rubbing salt in a wound that needs healing.

Not good enough for us in January but here's a crumb....not a nice picture for me.....

How far do you all want to go back?......Thank You,,from the bottom of my heart, Frank for all you did but this is TT's team.

To the Victor etc.......

Just my not an argument view of it.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

2012 we overcame one hell of a lot to get there.  Even the last group game we had to get a result.  Napoli, Barca.
And then we had had 8 previous years where we should have been close contenders, often were, often were cheated out.

This time around it is 4 years since we last had a top team (and we weren't in Europe that year - probably helped).
There were no heroics needed on the way, very easy group, Porto, AM and RM disappointed.

I don't know about you, I was willing to accept a loss.  That effectively reduced the stakes for me both ways, it would have been much easier to accept a loss, but the prize of winning seems much less than 2012.  
Still very happy though.

Absolutely - I actually forgot about the Valencia game. It was just round after round of overcoming the odds, each one being a classic. I think the only round that was remotely comfortable was Benfica.

This year it never felt like we were really going to lose it (I mean beyond standard supporter nerves). The only really concerning moment was the challenge in the box from Azpi that was probably a penalty against Atletico at home. I'm not sure how the tie would have gone had that been awarded and scored. But otherwise, looking back, we were totally superior to every single opponent. That makes the entire campaign special in it's own right.

I definitely felt the stakes were less than 2012 for sure. I mean given we had already qualified for the CL and this team is so young, the stakes were definitely lower. I don't know if I'd say I'd have 'accepted' a loss but it would have been way easier to deal with because of that. It seemed clear to me that we'd get another chance, whereas in 2012 that really was the last roll of the dice. This win still feels fantastic though and a really promising augur for the next few years.

18 minutes ago, chara said:

Sorry ..disagree with SFL getting a medal..not because I don't recognise his contribution but giving him a medal ,to me, would be rubbing salt in a wound that needs healing.

Not good enough for us in January but here's a crumb....not a nice picture for me.....

How far do you all want to go back?......Thank You,,from the bottom of my heart, Frank for all you did but this is TT's team.

To the Victor etc.......

Just my not an argument view of it.

I get your point. Though I think if he's entitled to one it'd be fair to at least ask him and give him the choice of turning it down or otherwise.