JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

49 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Love to all. 

p.s.  I had gentleman's agreement with a mate and my nephew we would get Chelsea tatoos if we won........I'll let you know how it goes. 

29-05-21 and the 9 is perfectly shaped to also integrate the CL trophy...I've never got a tattoo before but I am oh so tempted. 

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That , my friend , was a beautiful read , thankyou

Yes, fantastic post. Agree with all of it - apart from the tattoo bit.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Fast forward 9 years, and here we are again. Feels very different now.......the beginning of an exciting new chapter, with largely a young team, and much more to come. I was a lot more relaxed this time around.......the anxiousness of the first trophy was gone, plus being underdogs helped immensely.

Nice long post

yes yes - same here.  2012 was the end of an era, and it would have been a tragedy if we had gone out without the CL.
2021 is the beginning of a new era - lots of new opportunities ahead.

Agree with all the players.  There was one moment when Mendy stepped out and caught a chipped cross at the near post.  I shudder to think what was waiting at the far post - but it was excellent.

Ham   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Apologies for the long post

Don't.

Fantastic read. 

Seen some nice insights into members' lives. Loving the vibe in here right now. 

💙

paulw66   
46 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Not sure I agree with that either! 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

That , my friend , was a beautiful read , thankyou

47 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nice long post

yes yes - same here.  2012 was the end of an era, and it would have been a tragedy if we had gone out without the CL.
2021 is the beginning of a new era - lots of new opportunities ahead.

Agree with all the players.  There was one moment when Mendy stepped out and caught a chipped cross at the near post.  I shudder to think what was waiting at the far post - but it was excellent.

18 minutes ago, Ham said:

Don't.

Fantastic read. 

Seen some nice insights into members' lives. Loving the vibe in here right now. 

💙

All very kind.

I composed it in mind over a period of 2 days........I think sometimes waiting before posting is much easier.

One thing I did forget.........the referee. If we had that level of officials in the PL, we wouldn't even need VAR, let alone the hap hazard nonsense we have now. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

From a sentimental standpoint, Munich will always hold a special place in my heart. My father passed away in March 2012, and lifting the CL in May for the first time felt like the closing chapter at the end of a very difficult few months. It also felt like the last chance that Cech, JT, Lampard, Cole, Drogba would get the opportunity. I remember driving back along some anonymous stretch of German motorway feeling as though if someone made a deal whereby we could win the Trophy but I'd never go to another game, I could live with it. I had seen everything, and if we never won another game of football, none of that could be taken away.

Fast forward 9 years, and here we are again. Feels very different now.......the beginning of an exciting new chapter, with largely a young team, and much more to come. I was a lot more relaxed this time around.......the anxiousness of the first trophy was gone, plus being underdogs helped immensely. I largely avoided all media for a week or so in the build up, largely because I'd heard how sickening it was from a pro City point of view. 

Ever since Munich, a good friend (and ST holder) has always maintained we needed to win it again. Any (almost) team can spam it once. We rode our luck in 2012........bit like Liverpool spammed it in 2005. To win it twice means you can lift your head high, and say you are a European powerhouse. Goodness what Arsenal fans must be feeling? 

100% agree with all of this!!!!

I have left 2 players until the end. The two players that IMO now belong in the Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba conversations.........

Spot on again Paul. 

N'Golo Kante - my word. These games are built for him. Big, big games and he delivers. He has had his injuries this season, and will need to be managed going forward, but in the biggest games, there is nobody you'd want instead. Jorginho is the perfect foil for him, but his running, tackling, interceptions and ball carrying..... He is like having two players in there. 4 consecutive MOM displays in the CL.........he must be in contention for the Ballon D'or. And such a lovely, humble man. 

I do not bet, have never placed a bet with the bookies in my life before the other day. I put quite a lot of money on him winning the Ballon D'or. I think he is absolute cert and it would be thoroughly deserved. He is without question the best footballer on the planet right now.

A word on TT.......... aside from the tactical stuff, and how he has transformed the defence, he seems to have built a fantastic spirit. Looking back at the celebrations, it is amazing to see the reactions from those who either didn't get off the bench, or those who weren't even on it. To a man everyone was delirious, and was great to see. Give this man a couple of big players, and we are a real danger.

I think we will win it again next year.........

On City.........their arrogance astounded me. Everyone connected to the club seemed convinced they would win 3-0 at least. No Final, particularly in the CL is ever easy. I'm so glad it was them we beat.......and no team deserves to win their first final. You have to go through a Moscow before you can get your hands on the big one. On Pep.....in an interview during the week he was asked if losing to us twice had made any difference to the final.. He said no, it means nothing. Well.........that's horse manure. He overthought the whole thing. Playing without either Fernandinho or Rodri was arrogant and stupid. I still don't buy the holy status he enjoys. Spends a billion quid and wins the league.....well done. His CL record over 5 years at City (and further back at Bayern) is abysmal. 

The line up was a joke, as soon as I saw it I started saying to those around me we would win, I was mega confident. As you say arrogance of the very highest order. To play such a big game with a back 4 and 6 midfielders is embarrassing and to suggest after getting convincingly beat by us twice already meant nothing was, maybe just something he said to the media, but completely foolish. It meant everything.

Looking back at the whole campaign, in the knockout stages, we dominated every tie, and had the better of the final. If 2012 included a fair amount of luck, then 2021 was just about as merited as any previous CL winner in living memory.

We were without question the best team in the tournament, by quite some way.

I also can't wait though to get back to the Bridge and belt out, "Champions of Europe, we know what we are"..........I think only then will it sink in properly. It still feels surreal.

One of our best ever songs, so simple but meant so much signing it that whole year. Another one of my favourites too, which will need to  be slightly tweaked now, I got a fair number of us signing it during the celebrations so hopefully it will get going is........

WERE THE ONLY TEAM IN LONDON WITH 2 EUROPEAN CUPS!!!!!!!!!!

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

100% agree with all of this!!!!

Spot on again Paul. 

I do not bet, have never placed a bet with the bookies in my life before the other day. I put quite a lot of money on him winning the Ballon D'or. I think he is absolute cert and it would be thoroughly deserved. He is without question the best footballer on the planet right now.

I think we will win it again next year.........

The line up was a joke, as soon as I saw it I started saying to those around me we would win, I was mega confident. As you say arrogance of the very highest order. To play such a big game with a back 4 and 6 midfielders is embarrassing and to suggest after getting convincingly beat by us twice already meant nothing was, maybe just something he said to the media, but completely foolish. It meant everything.

We were without question the best team in the tournament, by quite some way.

One of our best ever songs, so simple but meant so much signing it that whole year. Another one of my favourites too, which will need to  be slightly tweaked now, I got a fair number of us signing it during the celebrations so hopefully it will get going is........

WERE THE ONLY TEAM IN LONDON WITH 2 EUROPEAN CUPS!!!!!!!!!!

I prefer "Champions of Europe, we've done it again"

• Like 1

Rob B   

. Apologies for the long post, but just read 82 pages worth, now it's my go! 

Brilliantly put.  Agree with absolutely everything you said. 

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

I prefer "Champions of Europe, we've done it again"

Like that, can see it catching on very quickly too.