JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

3 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

vintage television in polished wood cabinet

Our first telly was black & white, had a 23cm screen, and 405 lines (24 refreshes / second). Bloody thing took up half the parlour and weighed a ton - my old man fixed tellys and picked it up from a customer when it blew its umpteenth ECL80 valve. Apart from the on-off, brightness, contract and volume knobs, you had to adjust horizontal hold to stop the screen going mental; and vertical hold to stop the picture rolling. And no remote of course - remote was us kids getting up and changing channels for the oldies. One good thing about it - if you salvaged the speaker, it worked well with an AC30 amp ...

I remember having to turn the channel knobs back and forth to tune in the picture. Used to really hurt my little fingers.

Ruudboy   
3 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I remember having to turn the channel knobs back and forth to tune in the picture. Used to really hurt my little fingers.

Yup. and there was a fine tuning dial, too ... and some also had a dial to rotate the aerial ...

Edited by Ruudboy

chara   

Just a late catch up on the game repeats. With a request for advice from more tech savvy members...I am Stone Age.

Mrs C has softened her approach on my reruns of the game every night and seems concerned at the effects of too much viewing. She assures me that playing the game every night puts a strain on the recording and will cause "fade" over a period of time.

Her sympathetic solution is that I watch it between 2-30am and 4-40am when things are quieter here on the net and less fade will occur....... is this a valid point or would maybe an early morning..say 7am start..be as benificial?...I am feeling a bit tired these mornings and seek a good compromise..any help for me here?

Edited by chara

Ham   
6 minutes ago, chara said:

Just a late catch up on the game repeats. With a request for advice from more tech savvy members...I am Stone Age.

Mrs C has softened her approach on my reruns of the game every night and seems concerned at the effects of too much viewing. She assures me that playing the game every night puts a strain on the recording and will cause "fade" over a period of time.

Her sympathetic solution is that I watch it between 2-30am and 4-40am when things are quieter here on the net and less fade will occur....... is this a valid point or would maybe an early morning..say 7am start..be as benificial?...I am feeling a bit tired these mornings and seek a good compromise..any help for me here?

Have you somehow managed to get a copy of the final on betamax or VHS?

If not, you'll be fine.  No fade on the recording but cannot comment on the damage to your eyes 😉

Ruudboy   
10 minutes ago, chara said:

I think she may be having you on, Chara: your satellite recording box will use a disk, and - unlike the old videotape recorders - they don't fade. Although at 4:40am, you might ...

Edited by Ruudboy

chara   
1 minute ago, Ruudboy said:

I think she may be having you on, Chara: your satellite recording box will use a disk, and - unlike the old videotape recorders - they don't fade. 

Oh I can't believe that ...why would she make something like that up? Then again I did think I detected a snigger but dismissed it as sign of nervous concern......

chara   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Have you somehow managed to get a copy of the final on betamax or VHS?

If not, you'll be fine.  No fade on the recording but cannot comment on the damage to your eyes 😉

Thank you Ham....all my stuff is on betamax...I may be Stone Age but still keep up with the latest trends.....but THE GAME recording is on the box thingy under the TV...don't like to go too near it..lot of funny blue lights...sure sign of a Chelsea leaning system but unnerving..Mrs C takes care of that kit thus my trust in her.

Speaking of game recordings.

The Season Review disc the Club are releasing is only standard 1080p Blu-Ray. 

I have the full BT Sports Ultimate (4K HDR) recording on 2 x Virgin boxes and plan to keep them until I get an OLED 4K HDR TV and can enjoy it in all its glory, and with my 4K HDR PC capture card will be able to make a copy of my own to keep forever :happy:

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 1

chara   
On 6/22/2021 at 4:01 AM, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Speaking of game recordings.

The Season Review disc the Club are releasing is only standard 1080p Blu-Ray. 

I have the full BT Sports Ultimate (4K HDR) recording on 2 x Virgin boxes and plan to keep them until I get an OLED 4K HDR TV and can enjoy it in all its glory, and with my 4K HDR PC capture card will be able to make a copy of my own to keep forever :happy:

Huh?...is that English?...I got lost on BT.........

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2021 at 8:01 PM, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I wish that I knew what all this means, but sadly I don't! However, if it all makes you happy, then well done!

• Haha 1