JaneB

Euro (2020) 2021

I must admit that I do enjoy the euros quite a bit. So far I’ve been most enchanted by Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, and France (in bits only). Belgium I’ve never liked and I don’t think this generation was as good as many seem to think they are. 

I think Spain will win it against England at Wembley. Italy and Czech Rep as losing semi finalists. 

17 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

That Doku is good - any opinions?

Certainly looked good. Bound to be snapped up by someone like Southampton, Brighton or Leicester. Or maybe Newcastle. 

Jasonb   

For me this is Italy's tournament to lose, their attacking speed at times is amazing.

Their left back Spinozola was special in this regard, how they fare after will be interesting.

Insigne looks special though for the life of me Immobile is having a terrible tournament, can't see why people rate him.

That first goal today the balance required to hold off the defenders and then strike with such force and accuracy and it not just Barella, yet Chiesa and Passena that can also do this.

Italy also have that negative side in knowing the ring craft to close out a match when they are ahead. 

Doku looked good for Belgium at times and would expect him to be a regular for the next Belgium generation as surely some of this lot won't play much longer. 

9 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Their left back Spinozola was special in this regard, how they fare after will be interesting.

It seems he broke his Achilles late in the match, but you're right he has had a super tournament and its really sad he will be out of football for a very long time

1 hour ago, Phoenix Blue said:

It seems he broke his Achilles late in the match, but you're right he has had a super tournament and its really sad he will be out of football for a very long time

Big opportunity for Emerson.  

Sounds a fair bit worse than RLC or CHO - they walked/hobbled off the pitch, Spinozzola went off by stretcher and he is a few years older than RLC.

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, kennypaul said:

That’s gotta be it for Martinez now surely? With a roster that good he’s done nish all.

Do you think they will change before the World Cup?

Ham   
1 hour ago, kennypaul said:

That’s gotta be it for Martinez now surely? With a roster that good he’s done nish all.

Flag on the play........

Squad  😉