JaneB

Euro (2020) 2021

Chrisb   

According to my DNA analysis I’ve got 10% Norse genes, so if the worst happens tonight I’ll be supporting my Danish cousins in the final! 

Watching VAR be used in non-Chelsea games is an eye opener. I'd come to think decapitation was within the rules, but apparently being near two opposition players who don't get out of your way can be a penalty if you're wearing the right shirt.

• Like 1

Went to the Spain Italy game. Had a great time singing Jorginho, Zola, Ancelotti, and Di Matteo songs.  Watched all the England games at home. It's good but, it's not Chelsea..  want to get more into it so I'll be getting myself down to a pub.

Watching Chelsea it's natural and I'm fully invested in any and every game. With England I need to be in a pub and make a proper occasion of it. Is it just me or are others the same?

Kezza   
2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sterling doesn't change, does he? Still a blatant diver; still a cheat. 

Every time he is in the box always takes an easy and dramatic tumble. Right or wrong he's always looking for a penalty. Dirty player.

Kezza   

So now we will definitely have one of us who have won both the Champions League and the Euros in a single season. Both biggest European titles in club and international level. This is huge. I think that's a good shout for a Balon d'Or for that individual?

Jorginho and Mount? Just maybe? Mount is far fetched but Jorginho surely should be on the short list.

Sciatika   
3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sterling doesn't change, does he? Still a blatant diver; still a cheat. 

He was diving before anyone came near him. No way was that a penalty.

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

So now we will definitely have one of us who have won both the Champions League and the Euros in a single season. Both biggest European titles in club and international level. This is huge. I think that's a good shout for a Balon d'Or for that individual?

Jorginho and Mount? Just maybe? Mount is far fetched but Jorginho surely should be on the short list.

There was a time players like Makelele were the ones to get underrated, but that has completely changed now. Jorginho's big "problem" is that the things he does amazingly well are hard to spot, and the things he does not so well are very easy to spot. This equation leads to him becoming the most undervalued player living (at least from the fan perspective). If Modric was worthy, then Jorginho is definitely worthy. Especially if he wins the EC.  

Anyway, I see Messi collecting this if he wins Copa.