JaneB

Euro (2020) 2021

JaneB   

Indeed.  Early days obviously but at least he's alive.  

That was truly awful to see, thought the worse but so pleased he has been revived and stabilized.

All the very best to Christen and all his family.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Shocking scenes.  Poor poor Christian Eriksen.  

Literally from the sound of it.  I gather they were carrying him off on a stretcher after 10 mins.  I was told when I had my attack that you are OK to not breath for up to 10 mins, if you are getting CPR.  So that sounds like he should get a full recovery without brain damage.  I'm not sure his wife will let him play football again though.

59 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

How does something like this happen to someone who is an athlete? 

Unfortunately it can happen to anyone, fit, unfit or anywhere in between. Anyone can have an underlying heart condition and still be as fit as anything. Sadly, what happened yesterday was likely to always happen to him at some stage of his life, but fortunately it happened when it did, when the medics and doctors were so close by, which has essentially saved his life. 

Rumours swirling that Sterling starts today, which is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Should be Grealish from the start, but maybe Southgate thinking he’ll come in to make an impact, especially with so many tiring in the heat.

Other rumour I’ve heard is that Mount will be the only Chelsea player starting with Walker RB and Trippier(!!) LB, which I really hope isn’t true.

Jasonb   

Should be an interesting match, Croatia aren't quite the force of earlier tournaments yet still posess some threat if we get sloppy.

With Pickford, Stones, Mings and even Maguire there are plenty of opportunities for sloppiness. 

2 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Should be an interesting match, Croatia aren't quite the force of earlier tournaments yet still posess some threat if we get sloppy.

With Pickford, Stones, Mings and even Maguire there are plenty of opportunities for sloppiness. 

Yeah, we should have too much for Croatia, from an attacking point of view we are incredibly strong, with proper depth too.

CB and GK are the positions that concern me. Long gone are the days of our ridiculous depth at CB.

Maguire not going to be fit for this, may not even be fit for any matches, definitely not match sharp, so shouldn’t have been in the squad IMO.

My team for this would be:

Henderson

James - Stones - White - Chilwell

Rice - Bellingham

Foden Mount Grealish

Kane

50 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Unfortunately it can happen to anyone, fit, unfit or anywhere in between. Anyone can have an underlying heart condition and still be as fit as anything. Sadly, what happened yesterday was likely to always happen to him at some stage of his life, but fortunately it happened when it did, when the medics and doctors were so close by, which has essentially saved his life. 

Agreed. Sterling is a serial chance-misser.  

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Exactly.  I was told it might have happened 10 years earlier to me if I had not spent so many years running (in my case narrowing arteries).
Collapsing in front of the A&E registrar saved my life.  The ridiculous luck of it was that he was cycling to work at the time - he admitted me to A&E 50 mins later having rushed off and leaving me with an ambulance.  Next time I need an angiogram I'm running straight to A&E.

• Like 2