JaneB

Euro (2020) 2021

1 hour ago, chara said:

With 25 minutes to go I said to Mrs C (she might,repeat,might have listened.) that Germany had better score because France were going to score and finish it any time now...OK..two disallowed goals...one definately off side but not convinced about the other one...but a superb finish regardless for the first one....second one reminded me of a goal from the past,,,but it appears to have slipped my mind!..anyone?

That first disallowed goal was a sublime finish by Mbappe , another one we had on trial and let go although he was a baby . 

Ruudboy   

Astonishing success by Wales - who’d have thought it? Ward far better than I had expected and despite the failed pen, Bale managed two assists. Welsh support absolutely inspirational. I won’t hex them by predicting what comes next, but all the best to them. Great game!

bert19   
6 hours ago, chara said:

With 25 minutes to go I said to Mrs C (she might,repeat,might have listened.) that Germany had better score because France were going to score and finish it any time now...OK..two disallowed goals...one definately off side but not convinced about the other one...but a superb finish regardless for the first one....second one reminded me of a goal from the past,,,but it appears to have slipped my mind!..anyone?

I thought it was a little bit of a feel of Crespo vs West Ham ?

chara   
14 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I thought it was a little bit of a feel of Crespo vs West Ham ?

I was thinking maybe a bit further Norf..... a slip of the tongue!

So far Italy and France have been the teams that have impressed the most. 

Before the tournament started I predicted a foursome of Italy, France, Germany (but only qualifying as third in their group) and England making it so the semis. Not sure about England though... But seeing that they will play all games bar one (semi) at Wembley if they qualify as first in Group D and progress as expected they can't be ruled out. 

Only just realised that some nations get the benefit of playing most group games at home (Holland, England, Italy, Germany, Spain, Russia, Hungary) while others play every single game away to the team they face. How is that fair in a european championship? What a massive own goal by UEFA. Unbelievable really. 

Jasonb   

I put a small bet on Portugal as outright winners before even seeing their team. They have some decent players too.

There are a lot of teams that might get better like Spain and Germany.

I have a feeling Belgium will take a big scalp later in the tournament. 

France and Italy look strong though France have just played once and Italy no-one of note.

Enjoyed seeing Wales beat Turkey yesterday and think it will come down to goal difference between them and Switzerland to decide who progresses.

JaneB   

Clive Tyldesley commentary on the Denmark v Belgium match:  "De Bruyne is coming on following the injury to his nose and eye socket after a barging challenge from Antonio Rudiger.  Well at least he didn't bite him"

Rudiger was stupid but has it been proved that he actually bit Pogba?

Typically nasty snide comment from CT :-( 

10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Clive Tyldesley commentary on the Denmark v Belgium match:  "De Bruyne is coming on following the injury to his nose and eye socket after a barging challenge from Antonio Rudiger.  Well at least he didn't bite him"

Rudiger was stupid but has it been proved that he actually bit Pogba?

Typically nasty snide comment from CT :-( 

I heard that as well Jane, typical of Tyldesley for sure.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I heard that as well Jane, typical of Tyldesley for sure.

Tyldesley should haveve been put out to grass years ago, ITV IMO have never replaced the late, great Brian Moore, who reported on what he saw and didn't fill people's brains with inane drivel.  Italy the best team I've seen so far, France weren't all that in their game, Belgium have good players  but a clown of a coach, ditto Holland.  England certainly have a chance IMHO, Wales will enjoy their time in the sun before going out, and as for the pundits, on the BBC, Frank Cesc, Richards and Alex Scott are great, Mark Hughes and Shearer are average, and the likes of Ferdinand, Jenas and Savage crap with a capital C.  On ITV, only Ian Wright, Emma Hayes Graeme Souness and Ally McCoist are any good, the less said about the rest the better.

Edited by blueandproud