exiledblue

Billy Gilmour

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

As a player, he is already well above the standard of virtually all of the other Norwich players.

Except the players the manager just picked.

He showed his quality against top opposition in a Chelsea shirt...

Twice or thrice.  But it is clear that to play a DM role against a strong opponent (that has prepared for him being there) is going to be difficult.
Had a few disappearing games too.

...and so an ideal loan would have been to another top-quality team where he would play in a similar situation.  

Who on earth would give him that opportunity?  Were you thinking of Liverpool or Man City?

He thrives with better players around him. At Norwich he is surrounded by substandard players.
Everyone thrives with better players around them.  That is a given.   At Norwich they may be substandard to Chelsea (or say West Ham).  

We want any loan to replicate his role at Chelsea ideally.
He doesn't have a role at Chelsea.

There is a lot of special pleading for Billy.
It seems to me that everyone wants Billy to replace Jorginho in the DM/playmaker role.  But no one small starts off in that role (and most of the bigger guys Like James or Chalobah T or Ampadu soon end up playing CB or FB).  The role always requires size or experience (or both).  Maka, Pirlo, Jorginho all started off in conventional CM roles and then developed.
(I made the same points about McEachran under CA).  

Maybe he can do it now, in which case he will come through at Norwich.   Or maybe a lot of people just misjudged him big time.
Or maybe (most likely) the route to being a top class DM/playmaker is to do what Maka, Jorginho and Pirlo all did, break into top level football in a different role and then gain the experience.

For my money Gilmour should be playing an AM role like Mount does still.  That is where he will get the experience that might allow him to play in the Jorginho position in 3 years time or so.  (he'll have to dislodge Mount though who has followed the right route to get there).

I'm hoping Farke sees it that way, and dropping Gilmour is the first step to bringing him back as a box to box CM or AM.

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

2 draws with Burnley and Brighton (which frankly doesn't help them at all) and a defeat to Leeds (who were only just above them) and a pasting by us.

Gilmour played City, Liverpool, Leicester in 3 of his 4 starts.

The one game against a big side that Gilmour didn't play (against us) was a worse result than against our peers (City and Liverpool) than when he did play. 

Nah mate, your point will be ignored as it does not fit with the narrative that the poster is trying to push forward. He will just continue with his  "Norwich have been better without him" drivel

I would take TT's judgement over any internet forumer's judgement on where Gilmour and Rlc should play. 

Let's not forget that TT chose to play Gilmour as a 6 against man City away at etihad with jorginho on the bench. I feel that's proof enough about where our CL winning manager feels he should be playing.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is a lot of special pleading for Billy.
It seems to me that everyone wants Billy to replace Jorginho in the DM/playmaker role.  

Got it.  Now I understand your angst. 

Just now, Ham said:

You should have read my earlier post , it's the same reason he doesn't like Kovacic.

49 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not me making special pleading for the lad - it is you.  

52 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I would take TT's judgement over any internet forumer's judgement on where Gilmour and Rlc should play. 

Let's not forget that TT chose to play Gilmour as a 6 against man City away at etihad with jorginho on the bench. I feel that's proof enough about where our CL winning manager feels he should be playing.

And now Gilmour is at Norwich and Jorginho has the Ballon d'Or.  TT worked that one out
RLC has been trialled a bit - we'll see what happens next to him in due course.

Ham   
36 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And now Gilmour is at Norwich and Jorginho has the Ballon d'Or.  TT worked that one out

Funny how you decide what players you are going to dislike based upon who you already like. 

It's so childish. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Funny how you decide what players you are going to dislike based upon who you already like. 

It's so childish. 

OFFS - listen to you.  You plead for Gilmour to be at a better club but somehow this is all my doing.  Then you call me childish.  And apparently I dislike Gilmour because I want him treated like an adult.  Are you not responsible for any of your own ideas?

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

OFFS - listen to you.  You plead for Gilmour to be at a better club but somehow this is all my doing.  Then you call me childish.  And apparently I dislike Gilmour because I want him treated like an adult.  Are you not responsible for any of your own ideas?

Get over yourself you absolute melt. 😅

My comment is about how you have always decided which player to like/dislike and stuck with an often wide of the mark opinion on them against all evidence. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

*Norwich On loan. 20 years old and playing in PL, already has shown his quality playing for us. 

At the same age, jorginho was playing in seria B. So ssshhhh