1 hour ago, Ham said:

RLC has a running style that makes it look like he's running slowly when in reality he's running really slowly.

His speed is deceptive , he's slower than he looks 

Copyright Brian Clough

• Haha 1

chelboy   
14 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Is that true? When did they start?! They were absolutely shocking.

I think a week earlier and they have played more pre season games already. They looked unfit especially at the back. 

We beat the Arsenal

We scored two goals

Werner and Abraham carried on their form from last season.

Werner and Abraham carried on their form from last season .

Kezza   

What's wrong with Kepa? Why won't he dive and prefers to stand and watch? Even if you are late to react should still move and attempt a dive until the ball hits the net. He does this so often it's annoying. Such a lazy keeper. Prefer to save on the dive if it's not gonna be a save. 

Either that or his reflexes really lag a second or two.

Edited by Kezza

44 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I think a week earlier and they have played more pre season games already. They looked unfit especially at the back. 

They have played 4 games before playing us, Hibs lost 2-1, Rangers 2-2, millwall and Watford won both 4-1, and they look crap, can't see Arteta lasting the season

Edited by Worsebytheday

Chrisb   

I don’t think we’ll be seeing the 11 that finished the game as a starting line up this season! Saying that they still did alright against Arsenal’s actual first team.

JaneB   

Meanwhile, Olivier Giroud scores on his debut for AC Milan.  Ho hum :-(

Quite enjoyed the  Perry Groves / Arsenal commentary.  Given that they scored a Lampard like goal after ball bounced off the bar, onto ground beyond the line and then up back and out, they were pretty reasonable.

Not much learnt.  Kante was the only player on either team that looked ready.  But he didn't come on till 64th min.
Arsenal seem not to have a game plan.  Perry Groves getting v upset about their set up - pulling all their men back when without ball, which meant no break away was possible, pushing everyone up when they had the ball with CBs overcommitting so they regularly got caught 1 on 1 at the back.
Clearly every team will pressurise the keeper on the ball as they were so poor at playing out from the back while they kept on trying it.
Clearly Pulisic and CHO will get punished if they play as WBs again, but that is unlikely to happen from the start this season.  And I suspect there was some tactical tweak to give them extra protection because they seemed a lot less vulnerable after 20 odd mins.

Poor finishing all around and some good keeping by all 3 keepers.

Nice to see Zappa, Baba, Sterling, Clarke-Salter, Drinkwater, Bats, Barkley and RLC.  I can't see any of them making this season's squad though.  Chalobah might have a chance if we didn't already have a stack of CBs.  Sarr might if Zouma moves on.

Anyone know why Sarr was wearing Christensen's 4.  Maybe pre-season shirt numbers are temporary.  I don't think Zappa is taking Chilwell's 21 shirt even if it is his old number.

6 hours ago, Ham said:

RLC has a running style that makes it look like he's running slowly when in reality he's running really slowly.

It is odd.  He used to be genuinely really quick, with a weird style with a tiny tiny stride but very fast feet.  I wonder if someone has decided he should change that stride pattern to something normal - he was running a near normal stride today.
Or it may simply be he runs a lot faster in a forward direction, and the turning he has to do in that double 6 role takes a lot of mental effort.
Sooner he admits he was always a natural AM or 2nd Striker the better.  It is one of the drawbacks of youth football that the best player gets to play where he wants.

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights
8 hours ago, JaneB said:

Meanwhile, Olivier Giroud scores on his debut for AC Milan.  Ho hum :-(

Yes. I think he’s brilliant but it’s only a pre-season fitness game. And although I don’t think Tammy is quite good enough, he is one of our strikers who scored today. 

I thought RLC was very good. Controlled a massive portion of the game.

Sarr is no where near ready. Looks like a fish out of water. Needs a loan

Sterling was wonderful. No doubt he gets the 6th CB/2nd RWB spot for his performances. Really showed some quality

Chalobah was quite good too. 

Michy and Tammy showed us why we wont miss them if they were sold/loaned or whatever. It was a chance to truly impressive but all they did was make the case to sell them even solid.