JaneB

Chelsea 1 Villarreal 1 (6 - 5 on penalties)

Bison   

Jorginho looked like a crash test dummy there bouncing off the Villareal player. 

chelboy   

Full backs running in behind looks like a improvement in tactics. We didn’t utilise that enough at times last season. This match we have used it very well. 

Bison   

We've all of a sudden gone from starting the season with an on-form Ziyech to Pulisic doing his usual rubbish. 😢

chara   

OK...I'm a cynic but what have we learnt today?....and do we have a real game in three days?

As a match fitness exercise it works,,just..

And agree there about Captain America...isn't flattering to deceive even/

Edited by chara

chelboy   
9 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Yeah no doubt he's a supporting striker, but is he consistent enough? We've had players in the past that had the 'magic (Mata)', but they were so consistent with it that it was fine that they weren't energetic enough; Havertz goes from world class to average between touches of the ball far too often.

Yeah agree 100%. If he can become consistent he would be world class. The talent is there. 

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, chelboy said:

Full backs running in behind looks like a improvement in tactics. We didn’t utilise that enough at times last season. This match we have used it very well. 

I agree, it helps stretch the opposition, but it can at times accidentally pin a team back and make less room for us to exploit when they move up too soon. I think it's also to do with who is playing, Alonso and CHO are naturally far more adventurous than the rest who play in those positions. If this the way forward in our play then they'll be vital for it.

Bang average performance. Obviously some players not match fit . Hopefully we go for it in extra time because we have been to negative so far . Since kante went off we look nervous Jorginho and kovavic have been really poor 

I don't think Lukaku will be enough to be honest .