JaneB

Chelsea 1 Villarreal 1 (6 - 5 on penalties)

Bison   
5 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Chalobah played well. Let's not get too carried away though.  It's good to know that he can play at this level. Rudiger, I thought was very good again. Changed man since Lampard! 

Hard not to get carried away after a that performance. The kid is genuinely good and can do a job for this team. 

I am expecting Palace to be as committed as us with their new manager.
But I am also expecting them to be as rusty too.

It will be 3 or 4 games in before we even know how we have started this season.

Some good performances.  I wouldn't get carried away by one performance at CB - it is going 500 mins without a major error that counts for a CB.  I'm sure he'll be off on loan.
Alonso and CHO were given a lot of opportunities to shine and so the onus was on them to look very good.  Alonso looked OK for me.  CHO no better at attacking WB than Azpi.

Ziyech had a great 30 mins.  Rudiger looked really sharp, loved his pen.  Kovacic and Jorginho looked slow/not match ready.

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

Hard not to get carried away after a that performance. The kid is genuinely good and can do a job for this team. 

He looked like he could hold his own. There were a few 'raw' mistakes but, it was a good performance from him overall.

24 minutes ago, Bison said:

If Chalaobah was playing for somebody else the club would be trying to sign him for 50m.

Yeah - if only we had accepted the £50m bids for Kalas.

A trophy in the bag. Mind games bringing on Kepa worked. Credit to him. He looked rightly chuffed.

Thought we started well. Havertz and Ziyech looked sharp. Ziyech going off though seemed to affect us as we seemed to lose our edge and we were very sloppy second half.

Be interesting who starts Saturday as I’m not sure the intention was for some of our players to play 120 mins tonight. Looking forward to seeing Lukaku in this team. Hope he’s ready to hit the ground running as we have a tough start. 

Floyd25   

Always great to see Chelsea win trophies and this is no different, great moment for Kepa. I actually said I’d bring him on myself, but was surprised he did, Rio and co baffled despite his good record in shootouts. Yea we looked rusty at times second half but it’s early days, Lukaku to come in, we’ll get better.

chara   

Winning anything never gets old for me....for once penalty shootout livened the evening and left us all somewhat lifted and for the most part happy for Kepa...the first penalty was a bad one by Htz....too soft, too middle hight  and to close to any keeper going the right way....and any keeper of a decent standard could have read it...having said that if the keeper had gone the other way....

Both of Kepa's saves were good....not perfectly taken but low and difficult..waiting to read TT's comments about the sub situation.....

Doom and gloom..hmm...we all know the danger of being confident and cheerful about a coming game..any game!

Honest answers only...as a non Chelsea/Vreal fan ..a "neutral" what ever that is...would you have watched it through?...I do believe I would have switched off after about an hour...

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

If Chalaobah was playing for somebody else the club would be trying to sign him for 50m.

Apart from the time he gave the ball away on the edge of our area and they should have scored 

Leo91   
30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Apart from the time he gave the ball away on the edge of our area and they should have scored 

As Rudiger did ?