JaneB

Chelsea 1 Villarreal 1 (6 - 5 on penalties)

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Chalobah starting is an interesting call, could it be that he’s going to be CB5/6 this season?

More to do with Thiago Silva, Azpilicueta and Christensen having only had a handful of training sessions since returning. I suspect a couple of them will get the last 30 or so minutes, maybe more depending on how the game goes.

More likely than not that Chalobah will be out on loan soon, as he'll get more minutes that way than as 5th/6th choice CB

• Like 1

Bison   

Chalaobah can cover all the CB roles and midfield. Don't see why he shouldn't be a member of the squad. 

BT busy setting the mics up in front of the 2000 Villarreal supporters there .

And right on cue the odious Jake Humphreys is bigging them up saying they're making all the noise , although in fairness he's not actually wearing a Villarreal shirt over his United one.

No weeks in and I'm already sick of the way the TV stations just love to see us lose and support whoever were playing .

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Confused 1

chara   

Follow on from my last post on the Transfer page...

For those of you who may have been fretting all morning (here) the trip down town..left 8-30...bfast..grocery shop..CostcoTipsys pick up freerange eggs and home by 12 in time for the televised game at 1-00pm....peanut butter thingys ready to post as requested.....now to the game...phew......85F down town and getting hotter with terrible smoke cover from the California fires......AND STILL NO LUKY !!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And right on cue the odious Jake Humphreys is bigging them up saying they're making all the noise , although in fairness he's not actually wearing a Villarreal shirt over his United one.

No weeks in and I'm already sick of the way the TV stations just love to see us lose and support whoever were playing .

As long as the bias is there we know how p****d off they are when Chelsea win.......and we smile.....

Ham   
19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not allowing for the fact that English fans traditionally rock up at 2 minutes to kick off whilst our continental cousins make a day of it in their seats. 

Have to watch on Amazon Prime here in italy with zola in the studio. Always a pleasure, he is one of us

48 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

More to do with Thiago Silva, Azpilicueta and Christensen having only had a handful of training sessions since returning. I suspect a couple of them will get the last 30 or so minutes, maybe more depending on how the game goes.

More likely than not that Chalobah will be out on loan soon, as he'll get more minutes that way than as 5th/6th choice CB

Yes, and all this time in the shop window means he is likely to get a good loan - I wish him luck.

chara   

On CBS here...mostly muted until the game with the inevitable section on Captain America!...as to the actual side.............!

18 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not allowing for the fact that English fans traditionally rock up at 2 minutes to kick off whilst our continental cousins make a day of it in their seats. 

I went to Monaco for the Super Cup in 2012. All the Atletico fans had supplies with them, while loads of Chelsea fans got the train straight back to Nice when they were told at the station there were no pubs open and supermarkets were not selling alcohol.