JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

14 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

If he loves Inter as much as he claims, why didn't he just take a pay cut then.

Apparently , according to an Inter supporter , he was half way through a four year contract and essentially just wanted a pay rise early . They love him there . Not.

38 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Lukaku is not, never has been and never will be fit to lace the boots of Salah!  Embarrassing yourself by trying to compare the two! 

60 goals more, 1 year younger.  But I daresay not great at lacing boots.

29 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Player should never be tollerated again at this club! So, imho Injuries and being desperate for points comes second to this arrogant xxxx being dropped from the squad. Better still, put him up for sale in the window and get rid at whatever price we can get. 

Going OTT on this ne.

chara   

Ahh...leave him alone...... remember they get paid to play a game kicking a round ball.... if you want clever watch Mastermind for starters...not follow click bait cherry picked quotes..... silly?...yep....criminal?...not by a long shot...... 

I suspect the fan base in Italy is as divided as the fan base here......me ?......imho paid too much for him,paying him too much and now I'm waiting..hoping... to be proved wrong..

21 minutes ago, chara said:

Ahh...leave him alone...... remember they get paid to play a game kicking a round ball.... if you want clever watch Mastermind for starters...not follow click bait cherry picked quotes..... silly?...yep....criminal?...not by a long shot...... 

I suspect the fan base in Italy is as divided as the fan base here......me ?......imho paid too much for him,paying him too much and now I'm waiting..hoping... to be proved wrong..

This.

Didier Drogba had the same sentiments regarding returning to Marseille about 14 years ago if people recall...

Went on to win 2 more league titles, a couple FA cups, and a certain Champions League trophy as well. 

Point being, this is not uncommon. And certainly isn't the first time either that a player has expressed his displeasure with a manager's decision.

I watched part of the interview on Youtube.. I really hope that the club doesn't overreact to Lukaku's comments.. he was very calm when he spoke and he didn't speak about any immediate return to Inter. 

Tuchel got way too involved in this at today's pre-match press conference as well. He should have just side-stepped the whole issue like Conte initially did when Costa began acting up. There really is no need to get worked up about an employee not being 100% happy and contented where they are currently.

5 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Didier Drogba had the same sentiments regarding returning to Marseille about 14 years ago if people recall...

Went on to win 2 more league titles, a couple FA cups, and a certain Champions League trophy as well. 

Point being, this is not uncommon. And certainly isn't the first time either that a player has expressed his displeasure with a manager's decision.

I watched part of the interview on Youtube.. I really hope that the club doesn't overreact to Lukaku's comments.. he was very calm when he spoke and he didn't speak about any immediate return to Inter. 

Tuchel got way too involved in this at today's pre-match press conference as well. He should have just side-stepped the whole issue like Conte initially did when Costa began acting up. There really is no need to get worked up about an employee not being 100% happy and contented where they are currently.

^^^^^^^

Sensible reaction. Well said.

29 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If Lukaku hadn't arranged an interview at his own behest , behind the club's back and not sanctioned by his agent then Tuchel wouldn't have had any questions to answer , would he ? 

Personally I don't give a monkeys what he says , I just think it shows him up to think he's a more important and better player than he actually has been so far .  Its poor form , bit like his Chelsea career.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Ro61   
21 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

He should have just side-stepped the whole issue like Conte initially did when Costa began acting up. There really is no need to get worked up about an employee not being 100% happy and contented where they are currently.

I remember Conte having a good old belly laugh when asked the question - were Chelsea keeping Costa hostage? -  when it was obvious he wanted away.

It's about time we stand up to these pampered multi - millionaires.Whether this whole thing is blown out of proportion I don't really know, but this guy has a history of blowing his own horn - he really ain't that good,certainly not 100m and 350k a week good.

I for for one would be happy with some sort of sanction, even if it might be detrimental  to our success.I'm sick if these players that can say what they like,whilst living a life of luxury knowing their lifestyle will be  unaffected.