JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

paulw66   
41 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Do you only ever judge football and a footballer by these stats that you are obsessed with?

What a bizarre response. YOU are the one who started using stats, and brought up the 20 goal a season stat as a stick to beat Lukaku with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

Unfortunately, we're lumbered with him farting about the pitch and doing just enough to escape scrutiny, but never enough to take us to the next level. 

Is this satire? When has he ever avoided scrutiny?!

32 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

What a bizarre response. YOU are the one who started using stats, and brought up the 20 goal a season stat as a stick to beat Lukaku with. 

One very short stat and you have to include some basic stat to back up your points. That is very different from  the journals Droy posts with xG and all that stuff.

Anyway. Already a very familiar pattern is emerging to underline what I said about Lukaku in the biggest games .So far this season our three biggest games have been - Liverpool away. City home. Spurs SF.  3 games in which he's scored zero goals and  had three very average all round performances. As I've said, this is exactly why Utd fans were glad to see him leave. Sadly, nothing has changed with him!

8 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

One very short stat and you have to include some basic stat to back up your points. That is very different from  the journals Droy posts with xG and all that stuff.

So you gave up on stats very quickly and are now entirely backing your own interpretation instead.
Which is just as well because you are only convincing yourself.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

So you gave up on stats very quickly and are now entirely backing your own interpretation instead.
Which is just as well because you are only convincing yourself.

You come out with all this long-winded xG stuff and the one from a few posts ago, but refuse to acknowledge very simple telling ones when put forward to you. 

For you, Lukaku is better than Salah and Drogba sinply  because he's scored more goals. You never look any deeper than numbers.  You don't care that his tally is bulked by scoring **** loads against crap international sides crap Euro group sides and in a  poor Italian league. Don't take any notice of him going missing in the really big games etc.

Seriously! Just how is it possible to watch football matches and say that Lukaku is a better than Salah?  You must be a wum to be saying nonsense like that!

5 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Seriously! Just how is it possible to watch football matches and say that Lukaku is a better than Salah?  You must be a wum to be saying nonsense like that!

Nobody said that - I actually said the opposite when you implied they came with similar price tags.  

48 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

For you, Lukaku is better than Salah and Drogba sinply  because he's scored more goals.

He  didn't say that.

48 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Seriously! Just how is it possible to watch football matches and say that Lukaku is a better than Salah? 

He didn't ay that either.

Here's an idea: if you're going to quote a poster in a response,  then quote what he actually posted, not what you'd like to argue against.

9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

You come out with all this long-winded xG stuff and the one from a few posts ago, but refuse to acknowledge very simple telling ones when put forward to you. 

For you, Lukaku is better than Salah and Drogba sinply  because he's scored more goals. You never look any deeper than numbers.  You don't care that his tally is bulked by scoring **** loads against crap international sides crap Euro group sides and in a  poor Italian league. Don't take any notice of him going missing in the really big games etc.

You  started with the stats by bringing up the fact that he has only scored 20+ goals once in the premier league.

And I'm pretty sure no one has claimed he is better than Drogba, Salah or anyone in fact 

The fact is we desperately needed a striker in the summer and bought the best one available. You don't rate him, that's fine but I think everyone would rather get past this obsession some have with trying to prove how right they were about him, especially when you take into account he has only started 13 games for us this season, one of which  he came off injured in the first half.

I don't think any player has had so much grief after 13 starts, although it only seems to come from a very small, tiny even amount of people on places like this. It's pretty bizarre, even more so when you consider he has scored 7 goals in those 13 starts and is averaging a goal every other game, something he has done for nearly 600 games during his career and is the exact thing we bought him for.

Lukaku is literally doing the job we bought him for and yet still gets grief. I bet your one of those that moans about Kante for not being Fabregas with the ball and used to moan at Fabregas for not being Kante without it. 

ROTG   
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I don't think any player has had so much grief after 13 starts

in recent times, Higuain, Falcal, Morata, Kaka, Saul, Barkley, and 80% of the conte purchases off the top of my head :0)

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

in recent times, Higuain, Falcal, Morata, Kaka, Saul, Barkley, and 80% of the conte purchases off the top of my head :0)

Falcao and Saul haven't started 13 games between them, and Higuain managed exactly 13 over his 6 months

Kaka? Never played for us.