JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

Ruudboy   

When he left last time, I was disappointed, but actually rather relieved: he had seemed like a lost soul, floating around the pitch waiting for someone to tell him what to do, and that can never be how a leading professional behaves in any profession. On his return, I was looking forward to seeing a much improved, and possibly finished, article. Alas, I am once more disappointed.

15 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

When he left last time, I was disappointed, but actually rather relieved: he had seemed like a lost soul, floating around the pitch waiting for someone to tell him what to do, and that can never be how a leading professional behaves in any profession. On his return, I was looking forward to seeing a much improved, and possibly finished, article. Alas, I am once more disappointed.

He is what I feared he would be, exactly the same player he was at Man Utd. I said before we signed him that he was the wrong player to bring in, when we signed him I said I would back him now he is here, however, I’m getting to a point where I can feel myself getting very frustrated with him.

His opinion of how ability far outweighs his actual ability and he just is not suited to this league.

He did well in Italy because the quality of the opposition and in particular the level of defending is much poorer than here.

I don’t really know what we do with him other than hope he comes good, somehow.

Actions speak louder than words and his words were those of someone who says what he said was taken out of context , but his actions weren't . Nobody , is that bad unless they're doing it to make a point .

He can rot in the stiffs until we can find someone stupid enough to halve our losses , I don't want him anywhere near the first team squad . 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Actions speak louder than words and his words were those of someone who says what he said was taken out of context , but his actions weren't . Nobody , is that bad unless they're doing it to make a point .

He can rot in the stiffs until we can find someone stupid enough to halve our losses , I don't want him anywhere near the first team squad . 

Who' would be stupid enough to offer us even 50 million?  Maybe Newcastle, but no other English club. Zero chance of Barca, R Madrid, PSG or Bayern going for him, so that leaves a return to Italy as the only possibility and a massive loss for us. 

Edited by boratsbrother

5 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Who' would be stupid enough to offer us even 50 million?  Maybe Newcastle, but no other English club. Zero chance of Barca, R Madrid, PSG or Bayern going for him, so that leaves a return to Italy as the only possibility and a massive loss for us. 

A massive loss does it for me .

It's about time someone at the club paid for their idiocy in the pocket .

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Who' would be stupid enough to offer us even 50 million? 

Hopefully PSG.

I want to see Messi pull this face on his arrival.

download.jpg

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

A massive loss does it for me .

It's about time someone at the club paid for their idiocy in the pocket .

Agree!

Keeping him for another 3/4 years will hurt the club more than taking a big loss now.

His record in the league this season is exactly what a number of us said it would be - 1 goal against an Arsenal reserve team who were in 17th place. 2 against Villa who were in 11th. 1 against Villa in 10th.  1 against Brighton who were in 9th.

Liverpool away - 0 goals. City home - 0 goals. Liverpool home -O goals. City away - 0 goals. Throw in 0 goals in two leg semi final.

That is Lukaku for you right there!

100 million for this👎👎👎

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Italy is an unlikely destination (Lukaku's astronomical wages aside; who could afford his supposed £375,000/week?) due to the tax system there. Foreign players are able to pay lower rates of tax, but only on their first contract (one reason why Lukaku was happy to sign for us, rather than extend a contract with Inter). He would be eligible for the lower rate again, but only after two full years outside of Italy. So if he leaves in the summer, it won't be for Italy.

chara   

So many words about the player....some say go, some say stay, some say wait and see.

Lets have a straight one word survey..... Go....Stay.......No ifs buts maybes ........

OK?

Me....GO

3 minutes ago, chara said:

So many words about the player....some say go, some say stay, some say wait and see.

Lets have a straight one word survey..... Go....Stay.......No ifs buts maybes ........

OK?

Me....GO

Go and if it's for free so be it.

• Like 1