JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Do you think they'd swap him for Rice ?

PS Just in case you missed it , I think he's woeful.

From what I've read they value Rice at something like £100 million. I highly doubt they'd value Lukaku anywhere close to that.

As I've said before, would any English club be daft enough to pay more than 50m for him now? To me, he looks even more average than he did at Utd and he's definitely lost some pace which was one of his biggest assets. 

Diddymen   
16 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

lost some pace....

....and put on weight.

Every time I watch Lukaku play, its clear to me that this wasnt a TT signing. He just doenst fit at all with our play

5 hours ago, Bison said:

...or just kept Tammy.

No tammy is doing now what lukaku did for the last few years  he is benefitting from a poor league

4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

No tammy is doing now what lukaku did for the last few years  he is benefitting from a poor league

I wanted Tammy to stay with us (clear that TT didn't rate him though, so a move was best ) and would prefer him over Lukaku. However, though I'm pleased Tammy is doing well, I have to agree with you about him benefitting from being in a poor league. The same can be said about any player doing well in the equally poor German league these days.  

JaneB   
17 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Ok, so does anyone here have the slightest idea who made these two decisions (buy Lukaku/sell Abraham)?

It’s all supposition isn’t it Michael, but as supporters we’re always going to have our own theories.

I’m a dinosaur but it was so much easier and made much more sense when managers picked their own players to fit their own vision.

No one else at the club, whoever they are, should get involved.  Appoint a manager who you trust and let him get on with it.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

It’s all supposition isn’t it Michael, but as supporters we’re always going to have our own theories.

Yes, and yes. 

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I’m a dinosaur but it was so much easier and made much more sense when managers picked their own players to fit their own vision.

Those were the days! JM says hi :)

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

No one else at the club, whoever they are, should get involved.  

But they're more than 'involved' aren't they? We can blame Marina. Or, we can blame Bruce (i.e., the Board). Or we can blame Roman. About the only person we can't realistically blame, is the head coach!

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Appoint a manager who you trust and let him get on with it.

Now that I'd like to see, but very much doubt that I/we will.

The big issue is not who signed Lukaku, but why they decided to pay the insane transfer fee and wages?  It's as if they thought he'd be nailed on to just stroll up,  bang in 30 goals and win us the title. No thought about what we could do with him if he failed to deliver the goals that those wages and transfer fee should bring.

Edited by boratsbrother

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

The big issue is not who signed Lukaku, but who decided to pay the insane transfer fee and wages? 

It's the same question, with the same answers. Couldn't have one without the other.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

It's the same question, with the same answers. Couldn't have one without the other.

I can understand why we wanted to sign him,  but not why we paid so much in wages and the fee.  Its just silly money which made no footballing or economic sense.