JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

chara   

Lukaku would look better in a 433 442 343 or any formation somewhere else 

He is what he is and will not "come good" at his age..... get rid or play him as a Giroud afterthought sub.

Broja?..maybe, at least he is learning his trade at a high level (EPL) and wants to succeed.

ROTG   
4 hours ago, chara said:

Lukaku would look better in a 433 442 343 or any formation somewhere else 

He is what he is and will not "come good" at his age..... get rid or play him as a Giroud afterthought sub.

He would look better if he dropped the excess pounds he seems to have gained whilst out injured  

100m bench warmer?? IMO Lukaku’s playing time regardless how poop he plays, is an indicator on TT input on his recruitment.

asvaberg   

Ronaldo at ManU still struggles to score. Do we have problem with Lukaku? Maybe, maybe not :)

4 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Ronaldo at ManU still struggles to score. Do we have problem with Lukaku? Maybe, maybe not :)

Ronaldo is 37 and done it in multiple leagues, never failed anywhere until now. Age is his problem.

Lukaku has only done it in Italy and as someone who is in Italy I can confirm the low level of the league, he failed at Utd and is failing now. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. If he can't control a ball yet its already too late.

• Sad 1

Kezza   

Not sure why anyone is surprised. Many people was against this signing. Let’s be honest. He was an after thought because haaland and Kane were ungettable. 

On 2022-02-26 at 10:20 PM, exiledblue said:

Ronaldo is 37 and done it in multiple leagues, never failed anywhere until now. Age is his problem.

Lukaku has only done it in Italy and as someone who is in Italy I can confirm the low level of the league, he failed at Utd and is failing now. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. If he can't control a ball yet its already too late.

I remember an old bloke who used to be in these boards - can't remember his name now. He used to manage that "guess the starting XI" competition only to just disappear all of a sudden. He used to say, in no uncertain terms, that Lukaku would never be the player we hoped he would be due to his limited technical ability. 

I have to say he called it absolutely right already when Romelu was 18 years old.

30 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I remember an old bloke who used to be in these boards - can't remember his name now. He used to manage that "guess the starting XI" competition only to just disappear all of a sudden. He used to say, in no uncertain terms, that Lukaku would never be the player we hoped he would be due to his limited technical ability. 

I have to say he called it absolutely right already when Romelu was 18 years old.

Was it the old boy who used to really like Firmino when he was still in Germany ? Stan I think ? 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Was it the old boy who used to really like Firmino when he was still in Germany ? Stan I think ? 

Yeah I think that’s him! 

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yeah I think that’s him! 

I've got a feeling he was unwell , be nice to know if he's OK and for that matter Pete Robbo too , haven't heard from him in ages .

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've got a feeling he was unwell , be nice to know if he's OK and for that matter Pete Robbo too , haven't heard from him in ages .

I actually made some research what happened to him and managed to get hold of his daughter. Don't ask me how, but somehow I figured out who she was and contacted her through Facebook. Seems he was fine then (good few years ago now) and that he had just disappeared from here due to other reasons.