JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

9 minutes ago, Kezza said:

going back on loan after a season. 

At this stage, from what I've read, it's nothing more than a rumour. And there are plenty of those doing the rounds. I wouldn't get too worked up about ut.

21 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

At this stage, from what I've read, it's nothing more than a rumour. And there are plenty of those doing the rounds. I wouldn't get too worked up about ut.

It's one rumour that I hope is right. After some of the technically gifted forwards we have had I still cannot believe we paid £97m for him. Just so slow. 

Was always going to end badly. Was never a world class striker and never will be. Overrated lump with no technical ability. He says he supports us, imagine how bad he'd been if he grew up a United fan. 

• Haha 1

On 01/04/2022 at 8:26 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

Was always going to end badly. Was never a world class striker and never will be. Overrated lump with no technical ability. 

2 league goals in 6 and a half months with goals against the mighty Villa and Brighton. I doubt even his biggest critics would have expected him to have been this much of a disastrous signing.

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

2 league goals in 6 and a half months with goals against the mighty Villa and Brighton. I doubt even his biggest critics would have expected him to have been this much of a disastrous signing.

What did people really expect though? We signed a striker who has traditionally thrived playing on the counter where he can be played in behind, or has time and space on the ball to isolate his man one vs one and power past. While notably contributing little in terms of pressing or general involvement outside of layoffs - which often come when he can isolate a defender deep and pin them back on the edge of the box. 

We play in the complete opposite manner. Heck, we barely have anyone capable of playing an early through ball. As such we expecting him to provide things that have rarely been in his wheelhouse over his career, so it's no surprise it's completely floundered. The good games he has had have generally come when we've played more to his strengths - such as the aforementioned Villa game.

Overall the whole situation is the equivalent of buying a golf club to play cricket with. 

53 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

What did people really expect though? We signed a striker who has traditionally thrived playing on the counter where he can be played in behind, or has time and space on the ball to isolate his man one vs one and power past. While notably contributing little in terms of pressing or general involvement outside of layoffs - which often come when he can isolate a defender deep and pin them back on the edge of the box. 

We play in the complete opposite manner. Heck, we barely have anyone capable of playing an early through ball. As such we expecting him to provide things that have rarely been in his wheelhouse over his career, so it's no surprise it's completely floundered. The good games he has had have generally come when we've played more to his strengths - such as the aforementioned Villa game.

Overall the whole situation is the equivalent of buying a golf club to play cricket with. 

Excellent post.

Could be worse , we could be expecting Kante to morph into peak Lampard.

Oh. Wait.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Oh. Wait.

At this stage, humour is what will keep you sane:) 

13 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Agree. Whose decision was it to bring him back to the club do you think? It clearly wasn't Tuchel? 

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Oh. Wait.

Lol, yes, why has his game changed, a couple of times yesterday when it looked like a cross was going to come in (it hardly ever does) I noticed Kante was the only one in the box. With Kovacic / Jorginho either making the run centrally or pulling the strings, why can't Kante just protect the back four and be the ball winner and distributoe a la Dechamps who was nicknamed the "water carrier"? He was so much more effective in his prior role.