JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

There seems to be some kind of "I can talk rubbish" clause when it comes to Mourinho.

Yep. 

And you seem to be the master.

Next you will be saying Sarri did a good job and Frank & Jody were buffoons. 

Hopefully the match is on 5 live, cannot bare another Matterface commentary on talksh*t. 

Let hope the  price tag down not weigh him down on Sunday 

Edited by Wolfie Smith

21 minutes ago, Wolfie Smith said:

Yep. 

And you seem to be the master.

Next you will be saying Sarri did a good job and Frank & Jody were buffoons. 

good prediction, I will.

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I'd agree with that in the main, bar the golden boot bit. He can't control how many goals other players in other teams score.

If he scores 20 league goals and is 4th highest in the PL that is better than getting 19 and winning the golden boot

Yeah that’s fair enough. I think what I’m looking for here is Lukaku being one of the most prolific strikers in the league. 

But for me 25 goals over all comps is the bare minimum. He simply has to deliver. I must also admit I’m a bit worried what will happen if he don’t… What will happen to Tuchel, how the fans will react and how the club will proceed if he flops. It’s an acquisition we can’t afford to get wrong. 

1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Yeah that’s fair enough. I think what I’m looking for here is Lukaku being one of the most prolific strikers in the league. 

But for me 25 goals over all comps is the bare minimum. He simply has to deliver. I must also admit I’m a bit worried what will happen if he don’t… What will happen to Tuchel, how the fans will react and how the club will proceed if he flops. It’s an acquisition we can’t afford to get wrong. 

Whatever happens the club will act long before most fans have worked out the issues.  
I get the expectation, there is a great squad there, this is a key add, and massive things are possible this season and next.

But isn't that a good thing?  I know I am more happy looking forward to the season than I have been for a long while.
I can live without getting Haaland.

chara   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Whatever happens the club will act long before most fans have worked out the issues.  
I get the expectation, there is a great squad there, this is a key add, and massive things are possible this season and next.

But isn't that a good thing?  I know I am more happy looking forward to the season than I have been for a long while.
I can live without getting Haaland.

Well put Droy.

Haaland... a wish player with very high expectations but unproven in the EPL...Rom with a verifiable and known history....doubts and what if's....reservations abound masking deep hopes and a lot of understated but genuine good will on here.

As ever..time will tell.....a Morata or a Costa buy?..... 

I believe this was a calculated buy by Chelsea...if anyone can make it work I think TT can....

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

good prediction, I will.

Hope so

Tic Toc Mount & James

9 hours ago, Tammy's right foot said:

Fantastic interview. Well worth the watch

Cheers for that. He certainly looks a lot more mature this time around. I get the feeling that everything is in place for him to succeed. Now he only has to go out and do it. 

The only thing I'm worried about is that he will be frozen by his desire to do well like he was last time he played for us 

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The only thing I'm worried about is that he will be frozen by his desire to do well like he was last time he played for us 

I thought he was just a frozen mass waiting to lose 3 stones.  After which he became a decent striker again.
His weight when he came here was just awful for a professional footballer.  He looks a lot better now in that nice interview.