JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

Ro61   

Lakaku is a microcosim of what's wrong with sport in today's world.Money rules the world and us poor saps pays the price.

100 MILLION! pounds for a player that struggles to trap a wet bag of cement!,let that  sink in.

I have just watched the isle of man TT. These guys are on the edge of death in their sport and paid a pittance.

We are about to see the golf world turned upside down with a breakaway  group that pays squillions to a batch of rich greedy bastards that want to get richer,funded by Arabs that have no decency in the modern world.

Sorry mod's.

Edited by Ro61

chara   
46 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Great idea.....let's not.

And I didn't MT...look elsewhere............

5 hours ago, Ro61 said:

Lakaku is a microcosim of what's wrong with sport in today's world.Money rules the world and us poor saps pays the price.

100 MILLION! pounds for a player that struggles to trap a wet bag of cement!,let that  sink in.

I have just watched the isle of man TT. These guys are on the edge of death in their sport and paid a pittance.

We are about to see the golf world turned upside down with a breakaway  group that pays squillions to a batch of rich greedy bastards that want to get richer,funded by Arabs that have no decency in the modern world.

Sorry mod's.

Agree with every word of your post!

The TT racers are incredible guys and literally  put their life on the line for the pure thrill and  love of what they do . A very stark contrast to the Gordon Gekko's of the golf world.

5 hours ago, ROTG said:

Why is it bad for TT?  

TT must of had input when the club recruited him last summer. 

Having to manage a player who doesn't want to be playing for his team.

7 hours ago, Ro61 said:

Sorry mod's.

To be fair Lukaku didn't set his asking price and it's not his fault he can't trap a bag of cement, it's up to the club to assess whether his skillset is worth the asking price and they obviously thought it was. The real problem is why would Lukaku agree to a move when it seems his heart was never really in it? It can't have been for him to be giving that interview so early on and for him to seemingly be giving up this quickly. It's completely ufair to the club who showed so much faith in him and its fans who he claims to be one of. It shows him to be completely selfish, self-centred and lacking any character. He made a commitment and you would think he would want to stay and rectify things as long as he is wanted at the club. 

Jasonb   

I have read Boehly wants value for money on Lukaku, worrying as we badly overpaid.

Will he shpw flexibility?

ROTG   
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Having to manage a player who doesn't want to be playing for his team.

Maybe the player would be happy if the coaches tactics, played to his strengths rather than trying reinvent him?

One would also assume the coach knew his strength when he and the board selected the player last summer

Its a funny old world

55 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Maybe the player would be happy if the coaches tactics, played to his strengths rather than trying reinvent him?

One would also assume the coach knew his strength when he and the board selected the player last summer

Its a funny old world

Sadly there is no player on this planet capable of passing a ball to within the hundredth of a micron that Lulaku desires it to arrive, so Lukaku will just have to learn to move a bit... something he doesn't seem capable of.

• Thanks 1

chara   
3 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I have read Boehly wants value for money on Lukaku, worrying as we badly overpaid.

Will he shpw flexibility?

I think as usual most of what we read is for the media.....whatever the club are prepared to do with any Lukaku transaction the last thing they will say is that they will take anything offered rather than state publically  they want full price reflecting the original purchase fee.

Any serious negotiations as ever at Chelsea will be done "off line".