JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

12 hours ago, RDCW said:

No, what is "silly" and "childish" is your pretence that we should feel anything other than ambivalent at best and rancorous at worst about a player who never had any loyalty towards, or feeling for this club or its fans, but then whines about the fact that he is not more highly regarded.

What is facile is to compare the factual and evidence based and documented transgression with De Bruyne's missus with the unproven and mostly refuted (in law) allegations against JT. 

lol, I literally said I don't feel very strongly about him ... In other words, ambivalent.

Care to present the "evidence" that Courtois had relations with De Bruyne's partner? I'd especially be interested in "evidence" that isn't drawn from the sources the Perroncel matters strongly indicates we should not be trusting.

You hate Courtois and need to believe there are good reasons, fine. Crack on.

Ham   

My only real issue with him was the fact that he played us where his contact was concerned, giving us the impression that he would sign a new contract which led to the decision to dump Cech. 

If he'd come out and said that he wouldn't sign a new contract nice and early I'd have been ok with that because we still would have had PC. 

RDCW   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

lol, I literally said I don't feel very strongly about him ... In other words, ambivalent.

Care to present the "evidence" that Courtois had relations with De Bruyne's partner? I'd especially be interested in "evidence" that isn't drawn from the sources the Perroncel matters strongly indicates we should not be trusting.

You hate Courtois and need to believe there are good reasons, fine. Crack on.

Nope. Hate is your word. I just have a low opinion of his character and don't consider that his claims on the "respect" of the Chelsea faithful are justified.

paulw66   
9 hours ago, Ham said:

My only real issue with him was the fact that he played us where his contact was concerned, giving us the impression that he would sign a new contract which led to the decision to dump Cech. 

If he'd come out and said that he wouldn't sign a new contract nice and early I'd have been ok with that because we still would have had PC. 

I'm not sure your memory serves you right

Courtois joined us properly in 2014, Cech left in 2015, Courtois then left in 2018.

He played for us for 3 more seasons after Cech left. 

I'm also not sure he could have predicted in 2014-2015 that his partner would have a child, then they break up, then she moves back to Madrid. 

Edit - when we sold Cech in 2015 , after Mourinho had gone with Courtois for 2014/15 , there is every chance Courtois was planning on signing a new contract 

Edit 2 - he signed a new contract in 2014, which led us to "dumping" Cech 

Edited by paulw66
  • Like 1

100% @paulw66

Quite a bit of revisionist history being put forward by some regarding Courtois.

Ham   
18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'm not sure your memory serves you right

Courtois joined us properly in 2014, Cech left in 2015, Courtois then left in 2018.

He played for us for 3 more seasons after Cech left. 

I'm also not sure he could have predicted in 2014-2015 that his partner would have a child, then they break up, then she moves back to Madrid. 

Edit - when we sold Cech in 2015 , after Mourinho had gone with Courtois for 2014/15 , there is every chance Courtois was planning on signing a new contract 

Edit 2 - he signed a new contract in 2014, which led us to "dumping" Cech 

Perhaps I have misremembered and am just annoyed that we got rid of Cech too early because of him.  

8 hours ago, RDCW said:

Nope. Hate is your word. I just have a low opinion of his character and don't consider that his claims on the "respect" of the Chelsea faithful are justified.

... Where's the evidence of his affair with De Bruyne's partner that I asked about? The one that was "factual" a few posts earlier?Conveniently ignored. Now it's just an opinion of his "character".

And is the "respect" you refer to a reference to his comments to the CL final quotes? Because he didn't mention Chelsea, or our supporters. At all. Assuming he was talking about us is almost as fragile egoed as his comments were in the first place.

Honestly, the worst thing about him is that he came here to fulfil a professional ambition and then wanted to leave once he had. Not sure why we'd expect anything more from someone with no other connection to us.

RDCW   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

... Where's the evidence of his affair with De Bruyne's partner that I asked about? The one that was "factual" a few posts earlier?Conveniently ignored. Now it's just an opinion of his "character".

And is the "respect" you refer to a reference to his comments to the CL final quotes? Because he didn't mention Chelsea, or our supporters. At all. Assuming he was talking about us is almost as fragile egoed as his comments were in the first place.

Honestly, the worst thing about him is that he came here to fulfil a professional ambition and then wanted to leave once he had. Not sure why we'd expect anything more from someone with no other connection to us.

"Lol", more silliness from you in who knows what cause. The story about Caroline Lijnen came directly from the horse's mouth, whereas Vanessa Peroncel and JT have always and consistently denied that anything untoward occurred between them.

On the subject of Courtois and his relationship with CFC and the fans, if you genuinely don't understand the concept of mutual respect (and the lack thereof between Courtois and CFC) then there is no more basis for a discussion at all. 

Moreover, this conversation has long since become extremely dull (particularly I imagine for everyone else on this thread). 

Ham   
44 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Mr T is in Italy, so hopefully this mess will be sorted out by the end of this week.

So he did get on a damn plane after all?

• Haha 1