JaneB

Romelu Lukaku returns to Chelsea on a 5 year deal

Recommended Posts

Still remember people falling over each other trying to top each other’s remarks of what a world class striker we had signed in Lukaku. 

Sheer silliness. No matter what style he plays in, Lukaku has never been a hit here in England. He’s far too one-dimensional and when he faces some serious defenders he’s woefully short on tricks up his sleeve. His fights against Liverpool probably traumatised him forever. It was like watching a child play against men. 

Italy is the perfect level for him. The league isn’t what it once was, but the teams are still big historically with important brands so he can massage his ego and pretend he’s much better than he actually is. 

Good riddance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he gone yet? Get out of our club and never come back, would be my message to him.

Although, I would LOVE us to face him in the CL next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Has he gone yet?

No, not yet. Dave, among others, is jumping the gun a tad.

15 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Get out of our club and never come back, would be my message to him.

Can't argue with the sentiment, just the timing :).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

It seems a bit of a shame to me. I have a feeling there is a half-decent striker in there but he seems to lack the willpower to overcome difficulties that you would normally expect in a professional footballer. He will do well against weaker sides wherever he plays and, some say, in Italy may encounter them more often, but never really be the best he can be by consistently performing well against the very best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It seems a bit of a shame to me. I have a feeling there is a half-decent striker in there but he seems to lack the willpower to overcome difficulties that you would normally expect in a professional footballer. He will do well against weaker sides wherever he plays and, some say, in Italy may encounter them more often, but never really be the best he can be by consistently performing well against the very best.

I agree, somewhere in there is a good player, however, I think his biggest issue is his own ego. He believes he is much better than he is and sadly, his time in Italy only made that worse as he was able to score a large number of goals due to the much weaker opposition for the majority of matches.

I just wish we had never signed him. I said it before we signed him, he was never going to be what we needed and it’s proved to be a very very costly mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I agree, somewhere in there is a good player, however, I think his biggest issue is his own ego. He believes he is much better than he is and sadly, his time in Italy only made that worse as he was able to score a large number of goals due to the much weaker opposition for the majority of matches.

I just wish we had never signed him. I said it before we signed him, he was never going to be what we needed and it’s proved to be a very very costly mistake. 

Surely football hasn't reached the stage where there's no place for a corpulent man-baby? What have we become when only athletes get a chance with their "good attitudes"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asvaberg   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Surely football hasn't reached the stage where there's no place for a corpulent man-baby? What have we become when only athletes get a chance with their "good attitudes"?

What "good attitude" has he ??

Edited by asvaberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, asvaberg said:

What "good attitude" has he ??

He hasn't ,.and he isn't an athlete either unless competitive eating counts as athletic ability?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

A lot of insults being thrown his way but I think Lukaku is doing us a favour by leaving and making sure it’s before pre season. I’m pretty sure there would have been some people at this club that would have still wanted this to work for next season. Forcing him to stay and telling the manager to make it work. TT doesn’t want to play in a way that suits his strengths. This whole thing has been a waste of time.
 

Probably shows that we need more football minded people at this club so that crap like this doesn’t happen again. I have no bad feelings towards him, just disappointed he gave up so early but when you look at everything, it’s for the best that he moves on so giving up was always going to happen the moment he realised he doesn’t suit us and that he made a mistake. I still wonder if his heart was ever in this move or if he listened to those around him especially considering Inter needed the money. He still finished our top scorer btw for those who think he’s a crap player, he clearly isn’t. I’ll still say he’s top ten strikers in the world right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now