JaneB

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 2

Was a tougher second half, but result was convincingly ours, without a doubt.

Excellent debut for Lukaku, an absolute unit who wanted everything through him.

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights

Excellent win. Dominated while in third gear and I hope others step up so we don’t overly rely on Rom. Superb debut so happy he scored! 🙌🏿🧨

chelboy   
2 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

Hopefully not too much. I hope Timo can learn a thing or two from Rom about holding up the ball etc. But yes, Rom has been superb today. What a debut. 🙌🏿🧨

Werner just isn’t that type of player. He wants to play less with the ball and run in behind facing the goal. Lukaku is pretty much a complete striker. Havertz is a second striker. I thought Havertz was very important in link up play today. We could have scored more but can’t complain after that. 

Great result. Spent most of the game in second gear. Having a focal point like Lukaku has changed us from a very good team to a potentially great team.

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights
1 minute ago, chelboy said:

Werner just isn’t that type of player. He wants to play less with the ball and run in behind facing the goal. Lukaku is pretty much a complete striker. Havertz is a second striker. I thought Havertz was very important in link up play today. We could have scored more but can’t complain after that. 

No but he can add it to his game, I think. Having a world class striker like Rom around can only help him. I still think we need a holding midfielder but that’s for another day.

Always wonderful to beat the hated goons in their own backyard. 🧨🙌🏿

9 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

This when the stadium empties.

That was true.  (welcome back)

H2 was about Arsenal refusing to make a game of it, sitting, meaning we were unlikely to score a 3rd from a counter attack, and they were just unlikely to score at all.
Game management by us was spot on.  

Several of our players have improved.  Lukaku gives us a range of options, including using him to set the offside line and bunch the CBs while we play around him.

So far WW and on course for a great season.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Worsebytheday said:

Biggest diver in PL playing for them, Saka how long before he drags his leg into a Chelsea player and the referee falls for it?

1 hour ago, Worsebytheday said:

Called it before the game, biggest diver around Saka

You called it alright.  Not so much a dive as an attempt to trip himself.