JaneB

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Strong team.   No big surprises,

Agreed 

still believe they will target Rudiger & Alonso. Also Mane against Christensen if both Rudiger and Alonso push on. 

I am sure 5 live will be unbiased in their commentary  

Edited by Wolfie Smith

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

If RLC and CHO are being kept on for depth at AM, they are going to be unhappy.  CHO should have taken the U21 game.

Drinkwater and Kennedy could have done the job of being squad fillers.

I think RLC is at a crucial part of his career and at times he was a class above what he had around him at Fulham, RLC has striker written all over him; just needs some education in the position and I'm surprised he hasn't been tried there more often in his career.

CHO really needs to go out on loan, literally ruining his crucial development years by not playing him and stunting his growth. His development hasn't been handled well at all, he could be having a season at the likes of Villa and instead he watches on. Tuchel said he sees him as a front player, but actions speak louder than words and he has played more at RWB under Tuchel.

I'm sure Tuchel knows what he's doing but at times it looks like it's a little like UFC or Boxing, where certain individuals get pushed more than others to succeed, CHO is expected to fight for a chance yet the likes of Ziyech and even Havertz last season were given chance after chance. As much as it was their first season, at CHO's age it was pretty much also his chance to bed in so he could kick on this season.

Liam w   
5 hours ago, Aussie1979 said:

2-2. mount 19 minute  Liverpool to get a dodgy penalty. Liverpool take the lead mane  we make a couple of subs in the 2nd half and Werner gets a late equaliser 

wrong topic, I am going to count it though

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights
29 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Strangely I'd have liked to see Werner start in place of Havertz, with Liverpool committing their fullbacks forward I think Werner would have a lot of joy against the lack of pace at the back for Liverpool. Having said that I hope Havertz pushes up alongside Lukaku with Mount dropping back when defending, and Havertz doesn't find himself too far away from attack when we win the ball back, as he's quick but not Werner quick.

I feel you but Kai was imo majestic against the hateful Goons. 🙌🏿🧨

30 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Drinkwater and Kennedy could have done the job of being squad fillers.

I think RLC is at a crucial part of his career and at times he was a class above what he had around him at Fulham, RLC has striker written all over him; just needs some education in the position and I'm surprised he hasn't been tried there more often in his career.

CHO really needs to go out on loan, literally ruining his crucial development years by not playing him and stunting his growth. His development hasn't been handled well at all, he could be having a season at the likes of Villa and instead he watches on. Tuchel said he sees him as a front player, but actions speak louder than words and he has played more at RWB under Tuchel.

I'm sure Tuchel knows what he's doing but at times it looks like it's a little like UFC or Boxing, where certain individuals get pushed more than others to succeed, CHO is expected to fight for a chance yet the likes of Ziyech and even Havertz last season were given chance after chance. As much as it was their first season, at CHO's age it was pretty much also his chance to bed in so he could kick on this season.

Kenedy would be perfect - maybe he is too smart to accept the position.  
Drinkwater, no.  From his pov he needs to be playing.  From our pov he seems too high risk to have at Cobham.

RLC absolutely and I am still annoyed at how the club never played him as striker in his youth.  It seems like as the best player he was allowed to play where he wanted which was as playmaker in an 85% possession team.  At the very least he should be dribbling in their half.

CHO - to be fair to TT, CHO was the surprise young starter in his first game.  As though CHO's reputation preceded him.  And then he failed to perform, I'd argue that Havertz and Ziyech just out played him.  Havertz is 17 months older than CHO.  But he has had a proper football education.

Couple of things I'm worried about, Alonso as great as he's been, I think Chilwell should have started, I also think Werner should have started on the left, his pace scared the hell out of them last season and TA wouldn't be able to push on that much.

The referee A Taylor AGAIN a bit like when Webb refereed Man Utd  in front of a full house gives everything to them

Edited by Worsebytheday

GURJ SS   

We're too relaxed, we need to be putting more fight into loose balls and 50/50s.

Lukaku totally messed that up just then, extremely poor as we had 2 players in.