JaneB

Chelsea sign Saul Niguez on season long loan

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Not really.  He'll do on his own!

OK - but he looks a lot like Giroud to me.  Head and stance at least.  I imagine would look pretty unimpressive standing next to Grioud, but so do most.

JaneB   
25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

OK - but he looks a lot like Giroud to me.  Head and stance at least.  I imagine would look pretty unimpressive standing next to Grioud, but so do most.

Actually I thought you might be thinking of Giroud.  Too right!!

kratos   

Scored a hattrick in a behind closed doors game.

Really hope this move works out for both parties.

Plus it would be nice to have a player who can hit them from range.

1 hour ago, kratos said:

Have been missing this for some years now. It seems to be a fairly strong point of his, even if his goal scoring record is not  much better than “pretty good”. We are building a squad will create a lot of very different and varied problems for defences to solve. 

Diddymen   
On 04/09/2021 at 9:58 AM, kratos said:

Scored a hattrick in a behind closed doors game.

Really hope this move works out for both parties.

What was the final score?

1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

What was the final score?

Given it was the senior pros not on international duty versus the members of the development squad who haven't been sent out on loan, in order to get minutes into the legs of the likes of Chilwell, does it really matter?

13 minutes ago, Bison said:

Yes, good.
He had the quality and discipline to play at centre-back, full-back, wing-back, wide right and left in a four, inside left and right in a three, but that didn’t mean he liked it. He wanted to be a No 8, running through the middle.

Funny how they say he left AM to play 8 and went to a club that doesn't have one  (or rather has a brilliant 8, Mount, who plays double 10).
But that description sounds really like Kovacic.  Who also thinks he can play 8 but as we have seen can't.

Of course taking "I wanted to go to the CL winners because I was played out of position" at face value is always unwise.  Especially when the quote actually comes from the selling manager.  I presume money was a bigger motivation, and he'll play where TT asks.