JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

Just now, Diddymen said:

How’s Cheeks?

As usual, looked strong and good on the ball. 

But he always looks like he's strolling around the pitch off the ball; doesn't make himself an option enough.

chelboy   
4 minutes ago, Bison said:

I agree but all of our attacking midfielders have been rubbish so far this season. 

More midfield stability and hoping Lukaku and Werner link up well was a gamble worth taking.

No Mount or Pulisic through injury. Havertz in terrible form (has come on today and has done nothing). Ziyech is practically unplayable against a team like City. 

It’s not about whether they are out of form. You still need someone in that position. This is a system we haven’t started with before. I can’t remember a game where Mount, Ziyech, Havertz and Pulisic have all been left out to play in those no.10 positions. Werner can’t play in between those lines and neither can Lukaku. It’s been horrible today. Created nothing against a defence that gives you chances. 

GURJ SS   
7 minutes ago, chelboy said:

We have their number, we can beat them. Its just that playing without someone to link defence and attack makes it much harder than it needs to be. TT should know that. 

I don't think we have, to beat City you've got to have players who stretch them with pace and skill. Pulisic and Mount can do that, RLC looks like he could do that far better than Havertz - £70M+ and still waiting other than a CL goal.

Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul on Dave, ref bottled it.

A loss but its City, it can happen. 1st half poor, 2nd better but why so long to change it. We move on, a long season ahead.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

That’s a pen. Anywhere else on the pitch that is a FK. VAR don’t even flinch.

Yes, definitely looked dodgy. 

All in all, we lost to a very dodgy deflection. Just frustrating that we didn't play like we did in the second half in the first half (hope this is not becoming a trend!)

Bison   

Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Bernado Silva and Sterling.

Not a single one of our attacking midfielders would even make their bench.