JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

1-0 flatters us really. Mendy kept the score respectable. We made them look good with our negative tactics. Tuchel had a chance to undo the damage at half time but did nothing and predictably they scored. We got exactly what we deserved.

Mendy was fantastic. Not much else to say. We are brilliant defensively but need to do more going forward. I think we all know that. Oh well, they had to beat us at some point. Tight at the top of the league now with United losing.

Floyd25   

We got that tactically wrong and we got outclassed, City made a point today. Only started playing when we went 1-0 down, hope it doesn’t damage moral or momentum because City and Liverpool are far too consistent. 

I love Tuchel but my god he got it wrong today tactically. Why we didn't start with the standard 3-4-3 I will never know.

If it wasn't for Mendy that would have been 3 or 4-0.

Kovacic and Jorginho were terrible. The gap between midfield to attack was like a chasm which made City's job about 10 times easier. The long passes were way too slow and poor quality.

The only positive today was RLC came on and looked quite good.

I know it's Man City and they're an excellent team but that was really poor. 

• Like 1

Holymoly   

Fair result. Thought our midfield let us down until RLC came on and continued his resurrection. The game plan is what has to take responsibility though as once we were allowed to concentrate on something other than defense it was a very even game. The goal was the price we paid for our negative tactics. The game also goes to show that without any service Lukaku is a fairly worthless individual. Yes, he will score us goals but only when we've got the bulk of the possession.

Bison   
10 minutes ago, chelboy said:

It’s not about whether they are out of form. You still need someone in that position. This is a system we haven’t started with before. I can’t remember a game where Mount, Ziyech, Havertz and Pulisic have all been left out to play in those no.10 positions. Werner can’t play in between those lines and neither can Lukaku. It’s been horrible today. Created nothing against a defence that gives you chances. 

True, but it worked well against Spurs for 30 mins or so. That was a very dominant second half display (against Spurs). It was worth a gamble but Man City aren't Spurs.

We played badly and lost. They simply have too many quick, technical and skilful players in the areas that matter.

Edited by Bison

Dingus   

Tuchel got that all wrong right from the starting 11 and City deserved to win.

Haven’t seen us play that bad in quite some time.

Sciatika   

Disappointed. They were the better team. But we have got seven points against Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal away and Man City at home. The key thing now is to take points against the likes of Saints, Bees, Norwich and Newcastle. The others, including City, will drop points in October.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Bernado Silva and Sterling.

Not a single one of our attacking midfielders would even make their bench.

Some members in here claimed he (Grealish) wouldn’t strengthen them. Pfft, of course he has and always would. 

City are head and shoulders the best side in this league. Hopefully this will be an abrupt wake up call for the ones who have been talking us up as clearly the best side in the Prem. Hand on heart, how many of our players would get into their starting eleven? Kante over Rodri? Perhaps. Lukaku probably. That says all you need to know. 

• Like 1

Blue Rod   

Still I have no idea what our game plan was, or whether we had one at all. I've never seen us so disjointed under Tuchel. Our front line and midfield were non existent. We looked tired and lacking intensity from the first whistle. We were second to the first and second ball. 

In this kind of game, when your main striker stays up and is not involved in the game at all, you're basically playing 10 v 11. When you have two of them, you're left to play 9 v 11 from midfield to your own goal, and it showed. 

We conceded every possible ground to citeh except for our defence. This was a poor performance from Tuchel in particular.