JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

Just now, Super Kenny Monkou said:

He is a professional footballer. Pressure on ankles and hamstrings is part of the trade.

Well quite.   Nonetheless he has made more appearances than most other players of his age.  To say he is never fit for more than 5 games is an outright lie.  You owe him an apology.

Can't understand fans sticking up for Lukaku by saying he's only here to knock goals in against the shite teams.  That puts us at a significant disadvantage  everytime we play a top team because they can go into the games knowing our CF poses very little threat to them. 

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well quite.   Nonetheless he has made more appearances than most other players of his age.  To say he is never fit for more than 5 games is an outright lie.  You owe him an apology.

He played less than half the games last season.

So if my 5 games in a row is not accurate he still plays less than 50% of the games.

He has rarely been fit for us has he?

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

RLC is also very effective at beating the press by going past a man or two.  As we saw in the week and again today. 

Really? The City press had completely dropped off long before Loftus-Cheek came on. What he did was dribble past players, and usually in the direction those players were happy for him to dribble into rather than the one we needed to go in. Not criticising him, City had locked the game down by that point, but it does seem odd to me to suggest he did anything especially effective or well.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

We could quite easily lose the next three times we play them, or win them all.

Play this game with this set up 10 times and 6 or 7 end up 0-0. The others end up 1-0 either way. 

I was really disappointed by the second half. The first was unpleasantly stressful to watch, but it made sense from a strategic perspective and "worked" in that it gave very little away. The second wasn't dreadful by any stretch, but there were too many minor defensive lapses and stray passes for a game plan predicated on marginals, and in truth the battle was over once City got their goal. 

I felt this was the Kovacic of old; didn't do anything early enough and overly inclined towards dribbling out of (or into as it mostly turned out) trouble.

Frustrating, but not the end of the world. The next 5 league games are very big; get the results you'd expect from them and we'll be in a very good position.

Not sure this was the game to put all your money on Werner saving the day. In a game of tiny margins, we put most of our money on a high impact, low probability playing strategy. Weird.

Havertz should have started, that there is no doubt about. Pep more than happy to risk giving Werner a couple solid chances to score or chances to create goals, if it meant he could pack Lukaku like an Eskimo on the North Pole. 

Surprised TT went for this strategy. He mentioned that the players did play with the right courage (if I read him correctly) but I think it’s more a case of about midfielders being asked to squeeze water from cactuses and not about courage. 

Edited by Ibn Battuta

8 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

He played less than half the games last season.

So if my 5 games in a row is not accurate he still plays less than 50% of the games.

He has rarely been fit for us has he?

He was on the pitch in 43 games last season (and stayed on the bench 3 times)

This is getting silly - before you start repeating more nonsense - GO TO THE INTERNET AND CHECK THE FACTS

or phone a friend

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He was on the pitch in 43 games last season (and stayed on the bench 3 times)

This is getting silly - before you start repeating more nonsense - GO TO THE INTERNET AND CHECK THE FACTS

or phone a friend

Ah I see there is a separate page for cup games. I am not into stats like you and your expected goals.

I have to say I am genuinely surprised how much he actually played last year. it didn’t feel like it.

I have just phoned a friend who supports Chelsea. He told me to tell you Pulisic is rarely ever fit, apart from last year of course!

I am a big fan of his, just seems to play in fits and starts and doesn’t contribute like some of our past legends on a consistent basis.

1 minute ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Ah I see there is a separate page for cup games. I am not into stats like you and your expected goals.

I have to say I am genuinely surprised how much he actually played last year. it didn’t feel like it.

I have just phoned a friend who supports Chelsea. He told me to tell you Pulisic is rarely ever fit, apart from last year of course!

:)  There does seem to be a lot of friends who have convinced themselves otherwise.

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Pretty much my opinion. He's not got the skills to single handedly take over a game like Drogba or Costa. He's a player that stands on the shoulders of others. When there's no lily to gild he's a bit superfluous.

But we all know that they did one on us regarding Lukaku. Hope he proves us wrong. He can be easily marked out of the game. Not that much of a skill

Holymoly   

Hah. Brighton could be top of the table Monday night 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2