JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

JaneB   

Well I guess at least Man U lost and Liverpool could only draw in the end.

We get our defence sorted but now other problems are apparent. 

Still, not going to get disheartened after one bad result.

Bison   
44 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

United and Liverpool results make me feel like we got out of this weekend unscathed. 

Result wise, yes. But playing that badly and looking that inferior today can't have been good for anybody. 

Jasonb   

At least we are still near the top.

Many of us wanted to see Werner alongside Lukaku.

Did not work for me, I think he should play instead of Lukaku when needed.

Havertz should probably have started and think without Mount we lack a bit of attacking momentum.

Not a crisis though we need to get back to winning.

Ham   

The only positive from today for me was the performance of RLC after he came on. 

If he can stay fit he can definitely play a few different roles for us. Looked strong, positive and confident. 

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Well I guess at least Man U lost and Liverpool could only draw in the end.

We get our defence sorted but now other problems are apparent. 

Still, not going to get disheartened after one bad result.

I guess. Another way to look at it is that Tuchel was really only playing for a point today. So we really only dropped one point. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

United and Liverpool results make me feel like we got out of this weekend unscathed. 

We have played liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and now City as part of the first 6 games and done quite OK (Liverpool have played....only us, City have played .....Leic, ars and spurs, utd have played ,,,, nobody) Nothing to worry about.

Tuchel is a conservative coach. It' not a bad thing, it's not a criticism, its just an observation. It was evident from his very first game in charge. He went 5 at the back (something a few of us had been imploring Lampard to do) and it steadied the ship...it helped us build momentum and move up the table. I don't think he's going to change, and if we played City again tomorrow he'd still go out with 8 or 9 defensive minded players. It clearly works more often than it doesn't and I think we just have to accept what we have got. Personally I'd like him to take the handbrake off a bit more... but then I'm not a coach whose won the CL. 

It was clear from the first minutes City were going to press all the way to the goal keeper. Nobody has done that to us as normally we can play it out from the back. We need a plan B when it happens that maybe means hoofing it forward quicker to take the players doing the pressing out of the equation

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

At least we are still near the top.

Many of us wanted to see Werner alongside Lukaku.

Did not work for me, I think he should play instead of Lukaku when needed.

Havertz should probably have started and think without Mount we lack a bit of attacking momentum.

Not a crisis though we need to get back to winning.

You're right. A false 9 'Havertz' would've been a better option today. The tactic was obviously counter attack by getting Werner in to play off from Lukaku or for Werner to run and then supply Lukaku. However, neither worked because they were too isolated.