JaneB

Juventus 1 Chelsea 0

Are people still convinced with Lukaku. I think Werner fits better with our shape and play.

Good to see Barkley show how a midfielder should show attacking threat.  When Mason is not there he or RLC should be in the line for a starting place from the off.

Just now, Diddymen said:

If I was a coach I would be worried at the form of Ziyech and Havertz. I would be worried that we have no creativity (from the last two matches)

Me too. But I don't know if its Ziyechs form or if he's just shite.

• Haha 1

Blue Rod   

A combination of factors led to our defeat. I don't want to repeat my earlier points about our forwards except to add that the problem may extend to our midfield. Beyond the back line, we look like a team that is scraping the barell, which is quite worrying. TT must work hard to get something out of this team.

Tonight we looked like we had no game plan again apart from just pinging the ball amongst ourselves. It looked like we were defending something we didn't have,  and were doing so half-heartedly. 

I was concerned about our lack of intensity last Saturday. We were just as slow in the first half tonight. 

Diddymen   
2 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Are people still convinced with Lukaku. I think Werner fits better with our shape and play.

Good to see Barkley show how a midfielder should show attacking threat.  When Mason is not there he or RLC should be in the line for a starting place from the off.

I agree on Barkley and RLC. At least they showed some intent on going forward 

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Another player in a long list signed based on one good game against us.

Like....

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You alluded to Ronaldo as the example....again, he hasn't come back on the back of a stack of injuries. 

United signed a player who had just scored 110 goals in 134 games 

Hazard has 5 goals and managed to appear in 50 games in just over two seasons. Would have disaster written all over it

I alluded to older legends coming back to their clubs like Drogba did...not as a main man but as a lift and as a potential fairy tale. I like fairy tales but I realise some don't. You think he's finished and you may be right. 

41 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We missed 4 good chances. You can talk tactics all day but we should have won the game 

Yes.  Without Werner.   Not the worst result in the world, but still not a good one.
I guess critical is that we now get a lot of points from the next 5 league games.

Get the first goal and games like this start to look very very easy.  Or nightmares if you don't.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No Englishmen, and Christensen the only Academy player (though he isn't much more Academy than Lukaku).

Just like the team that finished against City.

And 5 English subs - 3 from the Academy - in the second half.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Barkley. Dear god TT has finally run out of ideas.

My thought too.  He did set up a good chance for Lukaku.
But my first thought when he came on was that TT was sending a message to RA.  (Not sure what though - perhaps justifying the huge 25 man squad).

I was pleasantly surprised by CHO too.  I can see he wants to take on his man and beat him, and just as I was trying to remember if he had achieved this in 6 months, he suddenly does so and puts a great cross in.  2 more great crosses followed soon after.

CHO seemed to improve after a while - which I think was when Barkley came on and RLC seemed to move from central to wide right (further out that CHO, though who can say if that made him the new RWB).  Kovacic replaced RLC in the middle in a kind of 3-3-4 formation.

Chalobah looked good - especially for the few minutes he played as DM.

7 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Let’s not have 10 pages on Hazard coming back. He isn’t coming back full stop. 

I dunno - we rarely get 2 pages on anything right now, 10 pages on Hazard might be good.

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

Me too. But I don't know if its Ziyechs form or if he's just shite.

For me Ziyech was our best player H1.  Best at teh Mount role of playing sideways on and turning a ball received into an actual attack.

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Like....

... Matic so everyone said.  My view was he wasn't much good for Porto  was a minority opinion even then.

Chrisb   
1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

Salah!

So straight swop with Madrid..Ziyech for Hazard....yes or no?

It’s a yes from me!