JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Sciatika   

The only possible conclusion is that Mike Dean should no longer be allowed anywhere VAR. Farce.

Chrisb   

Top of the League! Made hard work of it but we got there in the end despite VAR’s best efforts.

Floyd25   

Good first half but undone by Mike Dean’s weirdness. Second half we seemed effected by that decision & didn’t turn up. Thanks to Ward-Prowse’s recklessness we got over the line, great goal Chilly and happy Werner got his goal, take that Mike Dean you buffoon. 

Diddymen   

Great match from Timo

Aside from the pen, thought Chilwell played really well. Oh, and I did really like CHO on the left, great cross for the Werner goal

Edited by Diddymen

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights

Great that Chilly B redeemed himself and Timo got the all important second in the last minute or so. So important for confidence but watch everyone get on Rom for not scoring! 🙌🏿💙 AND it’s always fab to win before yet another international break! 🙌🏿🧨

Edited by Northern Lights

Very very well deserved win. Should have been far more comfortable but we got there in the end. Good character from the team to muster that despite the inept refs. 

Only real downside was Lukaku. He should have got one, was too eager to make the run for the one ruled out for offside but apart from that he was abysmal. He must do much better. This was supposed to be a game where he should shine. Massive let down today. 

Mount made all the difference coming on. Right now our best eleven has a front three of Werner, Lukaku and Mount. Loftus-Cheek was very good, ditto Chalobah. I think both did more than enough to start the next game. 

Excellent first half performance. So-so second half. 

The VAR decision to disallow Werner's goal was absolutely ridiculous. How far back can they look to decide if a foul is part of the buildup? There were two crosses into the box afterwards. That has to be a different phase of play? Infuriating.

Werner for me was POTM, a superb performance. He needed a performance like that and a goal (which should have been two). It's time to give him  a proper run in the side now. 

Three points is all that matters.

Holymoly   
5 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The only possible conclusion is that Mike Dean should no longer be allowed anywhere VAR. Farce.

Mike Dean did his (un)level best to spoil that game. Why there is no independent review panel for the officials is beyond me. We really do have the worst referees in Europe.

Just now, Holymoly said:

Mike Dean did his (un)level best to spoil that game. Why there is no independent review panel for the officials is beyond me. We really do have the worst referees in Europe.

It was strange because he's normally so good.:happy: