JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Team. Mendy, Chalobah, Silva, Rudiger, Azpi, Chilwell, RLC, Kovacic, Hudson Odi, Lukaku, Werner.

Subs: Kepa, Christensen, Barkley, Alonso, Jorginho, Saul, Havertz, Mount, Ziyech.

Edited by charlie_sw69

3 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Team. Mendy, Chalobah, Silva, Rudiger, Azpi, Chilwell, RLC, Kovacic, Hudson Odi, Lukaku, Werner.

Big chance for RLC in the wrong position against quite beatable oppo.  

Are we carrying more injuries than we have been told?  Or is this just an attempt to get as  many players our of the Internationals as possible.

GURJ SS   
9 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Subs: Kepa, Christensen, Barkley, Alonso, Jorginho, Saul, Havertz, Mount, Ziyech.

Looks like a counterattacking team, I'm surprised by the lineup after a defeat. Chris is better than Chalo, Alonso is better than Chilli, Jorgo is better than RLC, Mount is better than CHO. Maybe he's resting them?...I'd have preferred to see our best players on to help get back to winning ways; especially with Man U dropping points, leave the experiments for the League/FA Cup matches and not the Prem/Champions League.

• Like 1

After seeing how poor RLC was last season I thought he was completely shot at  this level and would never play for Chelsea again. Great credit to him for not giving up and battling his way back and also credit to TT for giving him the chance. Hope Loftus has a decent game and continues to build in confidence and fitness. Big opportunity too for CHO and he needs to make the most of it!

• Like 1

GURJ SS   

The crazy thing is Saul comes in and all of a sudden RLC and Barkley are good enough, a whole pre-season of not being good enough meant bringing in Saul at the last minute; he's probably thinking he should have stayed at Madrid. The decision making is very questionable by whoever decided we needed Saul, either Tuchel got it wrong, the club got it wrong, or both got it wrong; good job it's just a loan.

Floyd25   

Fine with Chilwell starting over Alonso, Alonso has been poor in the last two games. Big game for RLC, also a big game for Hudson-Odoi. Jorgi and Havertz out of sorts & maybe deservedly dropped, Mount probably not 100 % fit yet. 

johnboy   
11 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

The crazy thing is Saul comes in and all of a sudden RLC and Barkley are good enough, a whole pre-season of not being good enough meant bringing in Saul at the last minute; he's probably thinking he should have stayed at Madrid. The decision making is very questionable by whoever decided we needed Saul, either Tuchel got it wrong, the club got it wrong, or both got it wrong; good job it's just a loan.

I recently saw the documentary set called Six dream ( done a few years ago) which featured Saul. He seemed a main player at Athletico Madrid. He seems to have found the pace & intensity of the Premier league hard to adjust to. I’m wondering if TT is breaking him in as a substitute rather than see him struggle as he has done. I think that there is a player to be had in him. I hope that I’m right. It’s a long tough season & we may well need him.