JaneB

Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

Recommended Posts

chelboy   

Again with the 3 cm’s that don’t play in between the lines then Werner and Lukaku up front. Who’s going to play in those pockets of space and link midfield with attack? Also Sarr… really? Could have put Azpi cb and CHO on the wings. Playing into Brentford hands with that team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chelboy said:

Again with the 3 cm’s that don’t play in between the lines then Werner and Lukaku up front. Who’s going to play in those pockets of space and link midfield with attack? Also Sarr… really? Could have put Azpi cb and CHO on the wings. Playing into Brentford hands with that team.

Yeah, I’m not convinced by that team at all to be honest. I’ve doubted TT’s selections before and he’s proved me wrong, so hope it’s the same again, but I fear this could be a frustrating day for us… especially as it looks like Man U will drop points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, I’m not convinced by that team at all to be honest. I’ve doubted TT’s selections before and he’s proved me wrong, so hope it’s the same again, but I fear this could be a frustrating day for us… especially as it looks like Man U will drop points.

Christensen is the most experienced defender at the back today. Not sure what to make of that. After a Int break you don’t take risks like that imo. I would have put an experienced head in the back 3. Hope TT proves me wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Christensen is the most experienced defender at the back today. Not sure what to make of that. After a Int break you don’t take risks like that imo. I would have put an experienced head in the back 3. Hope TT proves me wrong. 

His hand was forced somewhat with Rudiger being injured and Silva unavailable, but surely you put Azpi in the back 3 and CHO at RWB or even go 4 at the back and put a more attacking team out and go for the ‘score more than them’ approach. 
 

Sarr just shouldn’t be starting for me, especially when we don’t have Silva or a Rudiger in there with him. 
 

Christensen in great form, but we need him to have one hell of a game today to help shepherd the other 2 through the game, big ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, charlie_sw69 said:

Too risky fo Sarr to play. Without Rudiger and Silva TT has to pick Azpi in the back three for his experience. Would also have played Mount with James at RWB.

Apparently James wasn’t fit enough to start, after his injury, but then he should have gone CHO at RWB and Azpi in the 3, as you say.

Personally, I’d have played the likes of Mount and Jorginho today and given them a rest in midweek, but let’s see what happens.

Im not too confident though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

 Not sure why Reece James couldn't play and either he or Azpi play in the back 3 

Not fit enough to start apparently. I always find that odd though, if he can make the bench, surely he can start and come off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now