JaneB

Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I mean no disrespect in this but how this side won the champions League is beyond me.

Attackers who are as clueless as it's possible to be whilst still being sentient.

Midfielders who can't pass further than two feet with any accuracy.

It's truly a modern miracle.

Jorginho.

6 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Is the site back!!???!!!

Mendy what a hero

I was thinking he hadn't done much.  All the shots went straight at him and only a couple of them were because he had advanced bravely.  And the two that didn't hit the wordwork with him watching.  Then Neville stunned me by awarding him MOTM by default (surely someone from Brentford had deserved it by then)>   Then of course mendy pulled of the save that did deserve MOTM.

Chalobah should have conceded that penalty - the cross was wrongly called offside (and I thought linesmen weren't supposed to do that immediately).

• Haha 1

Another Lukaku fail. Well played RLC particularly in the first half and Mendy what a keeper.

To be fair it was a second string team and Brentford will make it difficult for many this season.

Dingus   

State of that performance though. 
How do you go and buy a £100m striker and nullify him completely? Defies belief.

How much did we steal Mendy for?! Absolute bargain and hero of the day.

Chrisb   

We rode our luck in that one. Thought RLC was going to be MoTM then we had the last 20 minutes and up stepped Mendy! Unbelievable Jeff!

Got away with one there. Three big saves from Mendy. One clearance off the line. Two shots off the post. Multiple blocks. And that was with half my stream down. Don’t know what else I missed. Blimey. And we walk away with three points. Could barely string a pass, a shot or a cross together for the whole second half. Still, I guess it says something that we could survive a game like that and bag all the points. Credit to Mendy. But we were a long way off our best. 

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Another Lukaku fail. Well played RLC particularly in the first half and Mendy what a keeper.

To be fair it was a second string team and Brentford will make it difficult for many this season.

Lukaku feeding off scraps.

With that back 3, clean sheet was a miracle. 

Amazed Jorginho didn't come on to help maintain possession

2 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

We rode our luck in that one. Thought RLC was going to be MoTM then we had the last 20 minutes and up stepped Mendy! Unbelievable Jeff!

agreed. RLC moves like Ballack used to, looks effortless and covers a lot of ground. Doesn't quite play like him but still very useful. Would like to see him next to Jorg

I think we saw today why Lukaku is not the answer…..to any question. Werner is a trier, but oh for the stellar talents of Vardy, Mings, Abraham, Antonio, Watkins, Deeny, Son, or pretty much anyone. 

Our 3 Tyro defenders did very well…to have bought some lucky heather outside the ground and having ushered the Brentford strikers under a ladder.

Mendy rightly judged MOM and Loftus-Cheek was excellent until he tired. Mount for Kovacic was a ridiculous, inexplicable decision. 

If we are Champions this year then today was the day the divine writing was revealed in the heavens.