JaneB

Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

Recommended Posts

Just now, paulw66 said:

Lukaku feeding off scraps.

With that back 3, clean sheet was a miracle. 

Amazed Jorginho didn't come on to help maintain possession

Also was in an offside position too often to be a choice and lost the ball from under his feet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't people watch football?

This is a team that best arsenal and scored 3!!! Against liverpool and got a draw.

We went there with no Silva, no Rudi, no jorginho which meant a lot of square pegs in round holes and got a hard fought W. 

And people are cribbing.. seriously??? ****ing idiots. 

We were quite good for 70mins. I feel our mid until 70mins controlled the game completely. RLC was great, kova despite misplacing numerous passes was awesome. But a mid without jorginho and/or kova was too much and we lost all and any control. 

Mendy was bloody super-human. What a performance. Absolutely unbelievable. 

Thought sarr was quite good too as was chalobah. Andreas was solid all round. 

Top of the table. Upwards and onwards. Come on chelsea!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

image.thumb.png.201a329f2452ef7b3718169a769dd739.png

Took one in the face for the team as well, not sure that came from the training ground. Great recommendation from Cech though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, didierforever said:

Don't people watch football?

This is a team that best arsenal and scored 3!!! Against liverpool and got a draw.

We went there with no Silva, no Rudi, no jorginho which meant a lot of square pegs in round holes and got a hard fought W. 

And people are cribbing.. seriously??? ****ing idiots. 

We were quite good for 70mins. I feel our mid until 70mins controlled the game completely. RLC was great, kova despite misplacing numerous passes was awesome. But a mid without jorginho and/or kova was too much and we lost all and any control. 

Mendy was bloody super-human. What a performance. Absolutely unbelievable. 

Thought sarr was quite good too as was chalobah. Andreas was solid all round. 

Top of the table. Upwards and onwards. Come on chelsea!!!!

Second rate team and we survived. Clean sheet as well. Brentford are the youth we were the experience. Fresh legs for the CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   

Mendy deserves his own post. What an unbelievable player and character. He is simply amazing. Wow.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bison said:

Mendy deserves his own post. What an unbelievable player and character. He is simply amazing. Wow.

 

Dare I ask whats sticking out? Sure he doesnt wear a belt!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entertaining game which we were very lucky to win. Same old problems are still very much there - lack of real creativity and lask of a class striker. Score a goal and hope the  opposition dont take their chances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Second rate team and we survived. Clean sheet as well. 

Exactly.

If I told you we would keep a CS against Brentford with chalobah, Andreas and sarr before the start of the game, you would have called me a moron. 

It was not pretty but given our defence and the missing pieces in the mid to end the game, it was a massive massive result. 

I can put my house on bet that out of the conventional big 6, brentford takes points off atleast 4 at their home.

Edited by didierforever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now