JaneB

Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Mendy deserves his own post. What an unbelievable player and character. He is simply amazing. Wow.

Good last season and gone up a level this season!

Floyd25   

Definitely have to be proud of the clean sheet, actually thought Sarr had a good game, despite it being his first PL start. Was very disappointed with the front two, yea they fed off scraps but they had enough opportunities to do better. Also unsure about Kova, thought he was off with his passing all game, so expected him to be hooked personally. Nevertheless the 3 points is the main thing and we’re top of the league. 

Given who they've beaten and drawn with this season a one nil win here is a good result given the one dimensional nature of our play .

There are still no goals in this side. 

Mendy and RLC both excellent.

Jorginho almost certainly only on the bench to keep Brentford coaches guessing. He must be injured or knackered. If I ever saw a match that cried for Jorginho than this was it.

People can talk about Brentford pressure all day but fact is that there were so many opportunities to destroy them in this game. Jorginho we win 3-0, Fabregas and we win 7-0. 

6 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

Sorry but did the site go off line during the match as it wouldn't load for me?

Yeah, I’m afraid so and at the moment i’m not sure why - sorry to everybody effected, it was very frustrating!

I will try and have a look in to why it happened so that we can hopefully stop it happening again, but is tricky when the current owners don’t give us access to everything.

• Thanks 1

Great result in the end, a really tough game and dare I say a title winning performance.

RLC motm in first half but then went quiet as most of the outfield players did in the second and that’s when Mendy showed just how good he is!

Special mention to Sarr who was solid today and much better than I expected.

Need to see more from Lukaku ASAP.

chara   
4 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

Sorry but did the site go off line during the match as it wouldn't load for me?

Yep..trouble all morning (in USA) here...relieved to read it was world wide as far as things go.

Lot of problems locally with Internet...Mrs C "addressed" the issues with the provider..and got a refund..it's the English accent I believe so glad to see not a 'local"problem.

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Given who they've beaten and drawn with this season a one nil win here is a good result given the one dimensional nature of our play .

There are still no goals in this side. 

Mendy and RLC both excellent.

The platform we have now given ourselves for the next 3 games, being top, is absolutely perfect. Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley ahead. That should be 9/9 even WITH how shaky we have been at times recently. Plus we play before or at the same time as our 2 main rivals except for the 3rd week when City go to Old Trafford at lunchtime. 

Sterile domination for the vast majority of the game, where if anything the complaint would be we were too busy defending well to do much of anything else, but a very emotionally difficult watch for the last 15 minutes so they are what will be remembered. Not sure I've seen us be so penned in and so scared of having possession in the last 15 minutes of a game since the Nou Camp in 2012.

Mendy's save from the overhead kick was brilliant. The icing on the cake for a really solid Mr Reliable-style performance. All saves he should make prior to that, but most keepers will make the odd slight error and let one of them in. He seems to have an uncanny ability to not do that. 

Chilwell's finish was incredible. 

Werner and Lukaku were absolute sh*te. 

Good result, but I doubt Tuchel congratulated anyone for it in the dressing room.