JaneB

Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

2 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

The platform we have now given ourselves for the next 3 games, being top, is absolutely perfect. Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley ahead. That should be 9/9 even WITH how shaky we have been at times recently. Plus we play before or at the same time as our 2 main rivals except for the 3rd week when City go to Old Trafford at lunchtime. 

Yep, today is all about the result and not the performance.

Today was, as TT described it, a dangerous game. First game after international break, away at a newly promoted London rival who have had a good start to life in the PL and already caused a few upsets and then add to that losing 2 key players in our back 3… I honestly think we lose that game last season and comfortably.

• Like 1

Diddymen   

Mendy!!! What a GK. could have been at least 3-1 if not for him. That was a Cech performance.

RLC was class above first half.

BUT, second half was terrible. We seriously need to know how to play to Lukaku’s strengths because at the moment it’s not looking good

bONes   
23 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Jorginho almost certainly only on the bench to keep Brentford coaches guessing. He must be injured or knackered. If I ever saw a match that cried for Jorginho than this was it.

People can talk about Brentford pressure all day but fact is that there were so many opportunities to destroy them in this game. Jorginho we win 3-0, Fabregas and we win 7-0. 

So true, Lukaku was constantly screaming for through passes, but none ever came

18 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, I’m afraid so and at the moment I’m not sure why - sorry to everybody effected, it was very frustrating!

I will try and have a look in to why it happened so that we can hopefully stop it happening again, but is tricky when the current owners don’t give us access to everything.

Good luck with that! 😉

Fixing the Internet.jpg

• Haha 1

Really pleased as my business partner is a massive Bees fan.

To give sone perspective, a few comments on the BBC match thread about our style from people from Merseyside and they wouldn’t want to watch it.

That result will stick in their craw as it is worth a lot more than putting 5 past a team that looked like they got out of bed 10 minutes before the game started.

We need to improve but pleasing result!

31 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, I’m afraid so and at the moment I’m not sure why - sorry to everybody effected, it was very frustrating!

I will try and have a look in to why it happened so that we can hopefully stop it happening again, but is tricky when the current owners don’t give us access to everything.

It has been happening a fair bit over past 2 or 3 days.  usually 2nd 3rd or 4th attempt works - but that is with a pc and good cable wifi.  

25 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Sterile domination for the vast majority of the game, where if anything the complaint would be we were too busy defending well to do much of anything else, but a very emotionally difficult watch for the last 15 minutes so they are what will be remembered. Not sure I've seen us be so penned in and so scared of having possession in the last 15 minutes of a game since the Nou Camp in 2012.

Mendy's save from the overhead kick was brilliant. The icing on the cake for a really solid Mr Reliable-style performance. All saves he should make prior to that, but most keepers will make the odd slight error and let one of them in. He seems to have an uncanny ability to not do that. 

Chilwell's finish was incredible. 

Werner and Lukaku were absolute sh*te. 

Good result, but I doubt Tuchel congratulated anyone for it in the dressing room.

A nice neat summary.  I'll probably overword the same later.  Certainly agree with Mendy before and after winning neville's MOTM award.

We should have done much better when we had 80% possession.  We should have scored a couple on the counter when they did a Man City and left 2 men back to defend against our front 2.  We let them get 80% possession.

The Chalobah penalty and the Sarr booking were the only errors I can recall from our back 5 and GK.  
Yet possession went from some 80% to a full match 56%.  and XG was 1.62 to 0.25 for Brentford.

Someone needs to tell TT that when possession goes to the other side you take off the QB.

19 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Good luck with that! 😉

Fixing the Internet.jpg

You’re surprisingly close with that image, Bob.

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It has been happening a fair bit over past 2 or 3 days.  usually 2nd 3rd or 4th attempt works - but that is with a pc and good cable wifi.  

Oh really? It only started happening for me today and got worse as we approached kick off, when presumably more people were trying to get on the forum.

Will have a look and see what I can find out.

chara   
27 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, today is all about the result and not the performance.

Today was, as TT described it, a dangerous game. First game after international break, away at a newly promoted London rival who have had a good start to life in the PL and already caused a few upsets and then add to that losing 2 key players in our back 3… I honestly think we lose that game last season and comfortably.

Sensible summing up......mentioned...just...by others but a new...2 young very inexperienced in the EPL back 3....

Brentford are no mugs and were able to get "stuck in" with relative impunity...thought with the first yellow to Kova he would be the "victim"...

Jasonb   
36 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Good result, but I doubt Tuchel congratulated anyone for it in the dressing room.

I expect Mendy got an arm around the shoulder or fist pump as others have said he did very well today when we were not at our best.