JaneB

Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Thanks for that - but IMO VAR just got it wrong - it was a clear penalty to me.  Clear and obvious error by both ref and VAR.

Classic case btw of a manager choosing between blaming the ref to cover up the fact that his team played badly and ignoring the ref's error to concentrate on just how well his team had played.  Frank made the right call.

From the distances they were shooting there was a massive gap between keeper and post.  
Point is, if we had played well those chances just wouldn't have been there.  And if you put them down to poor strikers rather than luck, I guess it is still lucky we were playing Brentford on a bad day, not someone better.

When I watched it on the UK tv feed my memory is that they showed the incident fully and said that it was offside , they then showed the tackle from Trevoh and in my opinion  if that's enough to make a big lump like Toney fall over he has a career ahead of him at Liverpool awaiting. I cannot recall if they did the line thing or not in all honesty .

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

When I watched it on the UK tv feed my memory is that they showed the incident fully and said that it was offside , they then showed the tackle from Trevoh and in my opinion  if that's enough to make a big lump like Toney fall over he has a career ahead of him at Liverpool awaiting. I cannot recall if they did the line thing or not in all honesty .

As a penalty it looks pretty clear to me but I can see views might differ.  For the offside they didn't need the lines, it was clearly onside on the replay.  As the picture VA96 put up shows.

chara   
6 hours ago, FREEBOOT-RIGHTZ said:

With 130 appearances and 25 year old, AC is no youngster, just a poor in leading and organising a back line.

Malmo would be an idea game to see if Chalobha and Sarr performance improves with Silva in the middle of the 2

Agree....it was a lazy post from me....didn't mean that AC was a youngster....I should have made your point clearer..... but still a young back three with a less than effective "leader" as you say.

20 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

th th They have their chance at revenge. I think we should go in with the full PL starting XI or we will lose. 

I think we win anyway, but the pattern looks like this post International break

A Brentford            weekend    Team B
A Malmo                midweek    Team A
H Norwich             weekend     Team A
H Southampton   midweek     Team B   (LC)
A Newcastle         weekend     Team ??
A Malmo               midweek      ??
H Burnley              weekend      ??
            International Break

I would go ABA  (so B for Malmo) myself.  Which suggests all kinds of puns, 

However, we have beaten everyone this season except City, Juve, Liverpool (10 man draw)and the LC B team took penalties to beat Villa and Southampton.
I know Brentford out played us, but they are good and would be in 5th place now if they had won the game 1-0 as they deserved.

Newcastle are 19th, and worse than any team we have faced so far except Norwich.  Burnley are better by 1gd.  It is pay back time for the tough games we had before.
BBB would suffice but I doubt if the B team are up to 3 games in a week. 

Some A star player injuries ahead of the break are called for.  Don't expect to see Lukaku, Werner or Pulisic back.

Edited by Droy was my hero
  • Like 1

Ham   
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think we win anyway, but the pattern looks like this post International break

A Brentford            weekend    Team B
A Malmo                midweek    Team A
H Norwich             weekend     Team A
H Southampton   midweek     Team B   (LC)
A Newcastle         weekend     Team ??
A Malmo               midweek      ??
H Burnley              weekend      ??
            International Break

I would go ABA  (so B for Malmo) myself.  Which suggests all kinds of puns, 

However, we have beaten everyone this season except City, Juve, Liverpool (10 man draw)and the LC B team took penalties to beat Villa and Southampton.
I know Brentford out played us, but they are good and would be in 5th place now if they had won the game 1-0 as they deserved.

Newcastle are 19th, and worse than any team we have faced so far except Norwich.  Burnley are better by 1gd.  It is pay back time for the tough games we had before.
BBB would suffice but I doubt if the B team are up to 3 games in a week. 

Some A star player injuries ahead of the break are called for.  Don't expect to see Lukaku, Werner or Pulisic back.

All of that just to get an ABBA joke in?