JaneB

Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

Diddymen   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I never like the first game after an international break, we (and many other of the big teams) always seem slow to get going and this Brentford side is not the sort of team you want to start slowly against and that's why I think Tuchel will pick some of the players he's had with him during the break; RLC, Kante* and CHO. I also think he would have picked Ziyech if he wasn't now unwell. I just hope the vast rotation doesn't count against us as it has done before under Tuchel.

Excited to have Chelsea back, but I am nervous about this one if I'm honest.

*if fit

I agree.

Rüdiger is a huge loss for this one. If anyone can match their two strikers for strength it’s him

14 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I agree.

Rüdiger is a huge loss for this one. If anyone can match their two strikers for strength it’s him

Yeah, having no Rudiger and Silva is a big blow and means either Chalobah or Azpi will have to shift to the left.

Ham   

Regardless of their start we're still way too strong for them although the fact that we'll only have ten players does even the field a bit. 

Chalobah or left-footed Sarr? I went for the greater experience and ability of Chalobah.

Central two in midfield is a lottery given the game against Malmo on Wednesday. Give Kanté a few more days following his bout of Covid? Start with a proven duo of Jorginho & Kovacic even though they were away on international duty? Give Loftus-Cheek another start following his good form? Given Tuchel seems to prefer players he's been able to work with during an international break, I'm going for Kanté and Loftus-Cheek. Same goes for Chilwell over Alonso.

chelsea-starting-xi-83388219a8821ac3be8e01b2f787271c.jpg

32 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Chalobah or left-footed Sarr? I went for the greater experience and ability of Chalobah.

Central two in midfield is a lottery given the game against Malmo on Wednesday. Give Kanté a few more days following his bout of Covid? Start with a proven duo of Jorginho & Kovacic even though they were away on international duty? Give Loftus-Cheek another start following his good form? Given Tuchel seems to prefer players he's been able to work with during an international break, I'm going for Kanté and Loftus-Cheek. Same goes for Chilwell over Alonso.

chelsea-starting-xi-83388219a8821ac3be8e01b2f787271c.jpg

I don’t think Sarr is good enough to start this game, from what we’ve seen of him so far. He’s an emergency member of the squad and nothing more. I would imagine Azpi moves to the LCB as he’s played LB before. The other potential, although unlikely option is James RCB and CHO RWB and Chalobah as cover on the bench.

I think the CM pairing you’ve selected will be the one, they’re the two TT has been able to work with.

Well, Liverpool are back where they belong © BT , SKY , BBC , etc so we really need a win here , 9 or 10 men versus 12 in a tight ground is never going to be easy but when Taylor cannot help but cause controversy due to his bias against us it means we really must take the game to them , please no slowly slowly keep the point we hold nonsense , we need speed and plenty of patented LFC hoof ball tactics to beat their press .

I'm hoping we can limit the inevitable damage Taylor will wreak upon our title ambitions but if the clown cannot help himself and causes the inevitable outrage then maybe we'll finally be rid of him.

Apparently Sarr does in fact start as James isn’t ready to start and also RLC starts. 

We are seriously depleted at the back, but still surprised TT would play Sarr rather than just play CHO at RWB! Sarr not looked up to this level from what I’ve seen