JaneB

Chelsea 4 Malmo FF 0

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

As daft as it sounds I may not bother with this one , another meaningless group game that in all likelihood will pan out exactly like the raft of pointless England games where we are insanely poor in midfield and attack and spend 90% of the game keeping possession for no apparent reason because keeping the ball is what has been drilled into the players whilst the flair or skill is drilled out . I'm sure I'll weaken but...

I mean............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

Talk about spoiled. 

paulw66   
Just now, Martin1905 said:

Rumours staring to come out that we will play a strong side, with a back 4.

Like it. Well done, Martin

Diddymen   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Rumours staring to come out that we will play a strong side, with a back 4.

#Chelsea XI to face Malmo: Mendy, Rudiger, Christensen, Silva, Chilwell, Jorginho, Kante, Azpilicueta, Mount, Lukaku, Werner

Just now, Diddymen said:

#Chelsea XI to face Malmo: Mendy, Rudiger, Christensen, Silva, Chilwell, Jorginho, Kante, Azpilicueta, Mount, Lukaku, Werner

Well, one part of it was right.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I mean............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

Talk about spoiled. 

It's not being spoiled Paul , it's being bored .

I actually think it's more of a jaded feeling with football in general. 

I'm sick and tired of the sniping at clubs by supporters of other clubs , managers being abused by disgruntled supporters , managers whining whenever anything isn't exactly right for them , the way the media reports football stories in this country , websites which instead of reporting the football have an agenda where club a can do no wrong and club b can do no right  , endless international breaks , referees managing games instead of officiating them  , the same talking heads giving the same entrenched opinions.

I expect I will watch though all the same .

Let's see if it's not the same handful of players carrying the club .

6 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Strong lineup but honestly very defensive. Dave is not a wingback it was a ideal game to try a back 4 . looks like a back 5 is here permanently 😩

Very strong team.  And the team order suggests we are back to 343 with Mount as a 10.  Good.
Dave may not be technically the most attacking player, but positionally he is.  He gets up there and across into the box like Alonso does, while Chilwell and James are still learning to do that.
I guess Chilwell is getting a taste for it now.
I like what we do with WBs cutting into 10 positions and 10s going wide, and the defenders not sure who should mark whom.

And with Rudiger and Silva back, I suspect both WBs will get encouraged to get forward than with the younger and perhaps more nervous Sarr and Chalobah.

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's not being spoiled Paul , it's being bored .

I actually think it's more of a jaded feeling with football in general. 

I'm sick and tired of the sniping at clubs by supporters of other clubs , managers being abused by disgruntled supporters , managers whining whenever anything isn't exactly right for them , the way the media reports football stories in this country , websites which instead of reporting the football have an agenda where club a can do no wrong and club b can do no right  , endless international breaks , referees managing games instead of officiating them  , the same talking heads giving the same entrenched opinions.

I expect I will watch though all the same .

Let's see if it's not the same handful of players carrying the club .

I know exactly what you mean.