JaneB

Chelsea 7 Norwich City 0

kratos   
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Here's playlist of my videos of the 2nd half goals:

Thanks for putting this on.

2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Here's playlist of my videos of the 2nd half goals:

You must have been within  10 yards of where my seats are. Familiar views for me. 

21 minutes ago, East Lower said:

You must have been within  10 yards of where my seats are. Familiar views for me. 

I've always loved MHL for the atmosphere, but recently it's the close-up view of the action that is drawing me there. 

I didn't believe the MOTD commentator when he said it, but that was Chilwell's 4th goal in a row of 4 PL starts. I looked it up, his last start before this current run was the last day of last season. Last player to do that was the one in my avatar.

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Red card for Reece James V Liverpool for denying a goal scoring event , yellow for the Norwich player for denying a goal scoring event .

They're conning us .

9 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Refs/ VAR taking the opportunity to give as many decisions as they can to even up the stats in a game where they have zero influence on the outcome.

• Red card for Norwich
  • VAR awards us a pen
  • VAR ensures a retake
  • VAR gives a fairly tight offside call in our favour to award us a 7th goal

Minor complaint is that the ref only plays about half the correct amount of stoppage time. The retaken pen alone took 3 1/2 minutes. Then there was the red, plus several subs. Easily enough time to score another against an exhausted, depleted and demoralised Norwich.

Yes another game where the reffing was generous to us - not that is affected the result.  I think this is probably the 4th consecutive season where refs have been more or less neutral to us.  It is reasonable to point out though that till now we have never looked like being title challengers, and the bias in favour of some clubs is as strong as ever.

6 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

They love cutting the stoppage time when a team has been mauled.

Pretty sure there is a policy that says added time is cut short when one team is 4 goals +up.  For losing supporters thinking about a quick getaway, that seems  more than reasonable.

Twice in this week the team looks a lot lot better than the team that played Brentford  (I still am amazed that more are not furious about the way we played against Brentford).  .  And the big difference seems to be Jorginho all around, and  Rudiger and Silva especially in keeping the ball moving and joining up with the midfield.
Ask yourself where the ball was today - it wasn't in one place, it was bouncing around like a ball on a pinball machine.  Not at a point but in a probabilistic field controlled by Jorginho (and others).  Some of our goals require a Feynman diagram to describe accurately.

Mount  certainly answered the criticism he got on here during the week.  Named Motm before he scored his hattrick.  But all the started did well.  It is not just who you play, it is the score line too.

CHO added a great 60 mins to his mid-week 30,  which makes probably the best 90 mins of his career IMO.  Not 21 for a week or so.  Still a player of immense potential, just beginning to prove it.  What I like over the past year or so is that a lot of the flashiness is gone, be looks more and more a player who listens to his coach and not his agent.
When RLC and Ziyech warmed up on 60, CHO seemed to up his energy levels as if to say "I don't want to come off".  I liked that.

Harder to credit the subs - they all did well, RLC Ziyech and even Barkley, but 25 mins against a 10 man team 5-0 down is not a real test.  Norwich stayed overwhelmed, which is good, but the overwhelming was done H1.

Havertz may not have impressed as much as the other 10 (there was a fine intervention by Mendy).  But he was up against the only Norwich player that looked like he was playing to stay in the premier league next year (if not at Norwich).  And I find it hard to believe that the other players would have looked as good if the CF had a genuinely bad game.  (Besides we have no choice right now for CF).
Chalobah (and Sarr) looked very solid against Brentford but limited with the ball.  Chalobah got his chance to play a more expansive game - I guess he has been training this week towards that, and did it quite well - though clearly it helps to be besides Rudiger and Silva who are brilliant at it.  Rudiger seems to love getting forward as much as clattering a striker.  There is a lot of Gallas in him, not just his pace  (and expiring contract.....     ask yourself - why did we not give him an offer he could not refuse 12 - 24 montns ago).

XG was 3.11 - 0.27. So while we totally dominated, it was top class finishing that made it 7-0 and not 3-0 (and the ref helped a bit).

Ham   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes another game where the reffing was generous to us - not that is affected the result.  I think this is probably the 4th consecutive season where refs have been more or less neutral to us.  It is reasonable to point out though that till now we have never looked like being title challengers, and the bias in favour of some clubs is as strong as ever.

Pretty sure there is a policy that says added time is cut short when one team is 4 goals +up.  For losing supporters thinking about a quick getaway, that seems  more than reasonable.

Your latest contrarian argument. We are treated fairly.

Jeez. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not at a point but in a probabilistic field controlled by Jorginho (and others).  Some of our goals require a Feynman diagram to describe accurately.

Old contrarian argument.....

The word you're looking for is Kovacic. 

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Your latest contrarian argument. We are treated fairly.

Jeez. 

Old contrarian argument.....

The word you're looking for is Kovacic. 

Thank you, thank you.  You'll be with me soon. 

And thank you for the Kovacic  reminder.  I had intended to say how good he was today..  On phone so can't look up the stats, but he must be pretty much equal in goals and and assistants this year to the total of his first three years with us.

He is playing with his head up.  I suspect TT deserves much of the credit.  But certainly kovacic is seeing things in front of him that he never saw before.  It wasn't true even last May.  The hunchback of real Madrid now has the neck of a swan.  He looks in two ways a different player.