JaneB

Chelsea 7 Norwich City 0

11 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

...CHO needs to play 259 good games....

Tuchel actually said 250 games, which makes a bit of a point on how much to trust or put stock in what you read ...

None of us here know what any of these players are like as personalities, or what motivates them. We have no idea what they need to hear to be up for it. I manage 5 people in my job. One is pretty good but a complete egotist; any praise they get goes to their head very quickly. Another one or two are much more able than they think, and the slightest criticism destroys them. Anyone who saw only the feedback I give each individually might think I was playing favourites or have it in for some of them. 

• Like 1

ROTG   

Overall it was a good day at the office for the team and squad, and a huge confidence booster “if it was needed”. 

As for how good or poor Norwich cannot be assessed until the end of the season although IMO they will give derby, Huddersfield and Sunderland a good run for their money on points accumulated in a season. 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, FREEBOOT-RIGHTZ said:

Overall it was a good day at the office for the team and squad, and a huge confidence booster “if it was needed”. 

As for how good or poor Norwich cannot be assessed until the end of the season although IMO they will give derby, Huddersfield and Sunderland a good run for their money on points accumulated in a season. 

yeah, I was unable to watch it live this week, but was shocked watching the highlights how much space we were afforded. Was like they weren't even trying. Would be surprised if Farke lasts much longer. 

Blue Rod   
39 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Tuchel actually said 250 games, which makes a bit of a point on how much to trust or put stock in what you read ...

None of us here know what any of these players are like as personalities, or what motivates them. We have no idea what they need to hear to be up for it. I manage 5 people in my job. One is pretty good but a complete egotist; any praise they get goes to their head very quickly. Another one or two are much more able than they think, and the slightest criticism destroys them. Anyone who saw only the feedback I give each individually might think I was playing favourites or have it in for some of them. 

250, 259, 25,000... it makes no difference.

I manage a bigger team than you do. If I ever thought that any of my staff is motivated by public criticism, it would be time for me to move on from that post. What CHO makes of it is one thing, how some members of the football public might understand it is a different matter. Every football manager or a person of responsibility in football must be aware of what happens outside their little bubble.

Are you really suggesting that Thomas Tuchel arrived at Cobham on his first day and immediately identified CHO as the one player who needs public criticism? Because he has been at it pretty much from day one. 

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Are you really suggesting that Thomas Tuchel arrived at Cobham on his first day and immediately identified CHO as the one player who needs public criticism? Because he has been at it pretty much from day one. 

This is simply untrue. he selected CHO for his first couple of games for a start.

can you please elaborate what quotes from TT you are referring to?

Edited by paulw66

Blue Rod   
Just now, paulw66 said:

This is simply untrue. he selected CHO for his first couple of games for a strt.

Of course, he selected him, but his public criticism immediately followed. It's been relentless. He must give the young man a break.

paulw66   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

Of course, he selected him, but his public criticism immediately followed. It's been relentless. He must give the young man a break.

Examples?

paulw66   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

Examples of what?

Where have you been?

Living my life away from the PC over the weekend.

I am asking for direct quotes from TT that are upsetting you so

Blue Rod   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Living my life away from the PC over the weekend.

I am asking for direct quotes from TT that are upsetting you so

If some Man Utd supporter had asked me that question, I would take them seriously. It seems that you are taking the mickey. Please stop using that nonsense word upset. We are debating an important topic. I am not upset any more than you are ecstatic.

Edited by Blue Rod