JaneB

Chelsea 1 Southampton 1 (4 - 3 on penalties)

kratos   
2 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Yea not too happy with that performance, some rotation but strong enough not to of struggled as much as that. Still, what a record we have in shootouts now and I called it in the super cup when I said sub Kepa on, it’s his speciality. Glad we beat them, their fans are annoying, one of them continuously shouting dirty keeper to Kepa for about 75 minutes haha. 

And there was a time we lost a shoot out constantly.

Of course that was before 2012 😉

paulw66   
Just now, Cheatedagain said:

I'm not his biggest fan but Kepa  saved us in the last 5 minutes, some great saves, but sarr, ziyech, Barkley and Saul were all crap

Yup..... Saul just looks like completely the wrong fit for English football

Floyd25   
5 minutes ago, kratos said:

And there was a time we lost a shoot out constantly.

Of course that was before 2012 😉

Used to dread them but now you feel confident heading in to them. 

Diddymen   
24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yup..... Saul just looks like completely the wrong fit for English football

It was the first match I’ve seen him play - and boy, he was terrible. Had two quite good shots though but aside from that. Don’t know what’s happened to him 

Ziyech and Barkley weren’t far off either 

Tuchel’s hand forced a bit in that regard with Loftus-Cheek, Azpilicueta, Christensen, and Kanté all missing out due to various injury” is this true?

Edited by Diddymen

9 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

It was the first match I’ve seen him play - and boy, he was terrible. Had two quite good shots though but aside from that. Don’t know what’s happened to him 

Ziyech and Barkley weren’t far off either 

Tuchel’s hand forced a bit in that regard with Loftus-Cheek, Azpilicueta, Christensen, and Kanté all missing out due to various injury” is this true?

I just don't get it with Barkley and Ziyech. They had nice cameos against Norwich. Here's their chance to put on a show and try and push their way into the PL first XI and they squander it. 

31 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Yea not too happy with that performance, some rotation but strong enough not to of struggled as much as that. Still, what a record we have in shootouts now and I called it in the super cup when I said sub Kepa on, it’s his speciality. Glad we beat them, their fans are annoying, one of them continuously shouting dirty keeper to Kepa for about 75 minutes haha. 

Lol is that what he was saying. It was so clearly audible, must have been shouting directly into the mic. 

Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Lol is that what he was saying. It was so clearly audible, must have been shouting directly into the mic. 

He was saying Dodgy Keeper!

Diddymen   

From the post match presser

“Unfortunately yesterday we lost Azpi with an injury, Andreas told us he could not play because he had tooth surgery and then Ruben. We missed three players that maybe would have started. I liked the energy today, it was a good game."

Leo91   

Energy was there but again poor in the final third. Ziyech especially. CHO was beating the fullback but lacking in decision making once space opened up. Thankfully it'll be rare to see this starting xi again. I really want to win this cup.

Ham   
13 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

He was saying Dodgy Keeper!

Over and over and over. What a boring [email protected] he was. 

If I had been a Southampton fan I'd have knocked him out.